cdotcarter

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
My hp pc has lightscribe that I just started using. When I attempt to burn music instead of displaying & decrementing minutes it shows MB (megabytes). I made one cd so far, it played fine on my pc. It was a gift but the recipient got nothing when she attempted to play it. I am using lightscribe cd's. Help!! CC

cdotcarter

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I am using lightscribe media to burn a cd. Instead of it decrementing minutes it displays MB (megabytes). The last cd I burned I was able to play on my pc but my cousin could not play it in her car. Help!

Jonmor68

Distinguished
Did you burn it as an audio cd and finalise it or did you just copy the files over?
To make it playable on all cd players you need to burn it as an audio cd and finalise the disk. You can use Windows Media Player to burn audio disks.

When you burn the disk using the lightscribe software or whatever your using to write the actual data, ensure that you select media or music disk, not data disk. It sounds like you burnt a data disk, hence why it wouldn't play on a standard CD player.

cdotcarter

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010

I found the answer when I put in the right seacrch words, like adding windows media player to my question. The 'burn' option has drop down box that I needed to make sure was on 'audio'. Somehow the check mark was next to 'data'. I don't know how that changed as I only burn music on media player. It had nothing to do with lightscribe. I thought it did because that was the only thing I was doing different. Thanks for your reply.