my girlfriend left me

cptmac

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2007
My girlfriend left me (a good thing). Don't get me started. My "good" computer was behind locked doors at my "nieces" condo, that I provide for her. So my ex and her new bo feel compelled to borrow my black and white tv and my old dell. Good riddens, except the dell had a floppy drive and the quad doesn't. Egg has a floppy drive for lunch money. 300 RPM's, screaming fast!!! Now I have to sober up and ask about the power supply and mobo support. What kind of power connector would a floppy have? A SATA connector? The drive is OEM so I won't get any setup software, which does concern me. Will Windows find the drivers? Man I do not want to take the Bitc... back, but all the good memories of her (the photos) are on these floppy discs. Talk to me.

turboflame

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Floppies have a special 4 pin connector, most PSUs come with at least one. Floppy cables are pretty cheap and all motherboards nowadays come with a connector. Floppy support is already in most operating systems so extra software won't be needed.

Sorry about your girlfriend and everything man.

cptmac

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2007
You are a good friend turboflame and you taught me something. My friend on the next bar stool says he's buying the next round. I think the next time someone screams "the borg are coming!!!" I might just finish my drink and say Fug it, assemilate me. But first, give those floppies.

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Yeah, it is a good thing, so if i were you I would buy the floppy, and transfer them to the computer at a later date. you start looking at those pics and thinking about her your liable to do something crazy. I'm going through a divorce right now, started looking at old vacation pics, called up my wife, got into a big argument, went out drinking,called a woman I'd been casually dating, fucked her, got her pregnant, got her an abortion( have two kids already), she hate me cause she wanted a kid, my wife hates me because i almost had another kid, and I'm stessed as hell, well because everyone hates me. This all stared from looking at pics. So leave it alone for now dude. Hell, load up the playstation 2 and play r-type final, trying to beat that game will clear your head.

cptmac

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2007
Damn, now this is a forum. Yeah, ok. So majong is not the answer. Man I thought the Muslims had an answer, you know 40 virgins, until I saw they were nuns with machine guns. My new "best friend" wants to know who I'm "talking to" Brother, I can't win. Hey, the Lotto is up to $40 mill. Sometimes you have to take a deep breath and accept the fact that Claire doesn't love Charlie.

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Clair does love Charlie, but you my friend sound hurt, dude, it's hurts, but you'll get your stroke back(not like i did hopefully), so go out with your vato's to a bar meet some skanks, laugh, drink(maybe not) and soon you'll forget all about whats her name and her new boyfriend. On a more personal note, go to the video store and rent "It's a Wonderful Life" I swear I've seen that movie a couple hundred times and by the end I'm smiling, you'll see it's not so bad. Trust your viper.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
I feel bad for you. For your own sake, take the floppies and rub them against a strong magnet. Cut her out of your life, she only holds pain for you.

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006