Sign in with
Your question

Asus p5kc and scythe ninja

Last response: in Systems
July 18, 2007 4:30:51 AM

I'm planning on buying the p5kc motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... p;Tpk=p5kc
I am also considering the scythe ninja plus as a heatsink but will it fit? Looking at the picture I'm afraid the capacitors might be too close to the cpu socket to get the ninja. If not that heatsink any recommendations for any other? I'm gonna get the Q6600 and have my sights set on an overclock to 2.7-2.8. Possibly 2.8-3.0 in the future but as of now that is not necessary. Also one more question. I plan to move this pc I'm building to my college. It is in the same state (NY) but different city (NYC to Rochester). I'm gonna have to ship it so are there any precautions I should take before shipping it like removing the heatsink until it arrives or something of the sort?

Thanks

More about : asus p5kc scythe ninja

July 24, 2007 9:35:07 AM

alanyeebiu said:
I'm planning on buying the p5kc motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... p;am p;Tpk=p5kc
I am also considering the scythe ninja plus as a heatsink but will it fit? Looking at the picture I'm afraid the capacitors might be too close to the cpu socket to get the ninja. If not that heatsink any recommendations for any other? I'm gonna get the Q6600 and have my sights set on an overclock to 2.7-2.8. Possibly 2.8-3.0 in the future but as of now that is not necessary. Also one more question. I plan to move this pc I'm building to my college. It is in the same state (NY) but different city (NYC to Rochester). I'm gonna have to ship it so are there any precautions I should take before shipping it like removing the heatsink until it arrives or something of the sort?

Thanks

[#7f007f]I have just purchased this board & can tell you it is gr8!
I can't answer about the ninja for you but you will find that the fan unit with the dual core /Quad core chips is actually quite good and using the asus Qfan system when overclocking, it seems to be holding temps down nicely so give it a try before you go spending cash on something you may not need (the mobo comes with all the monitoring software as well) As for shipping I would transport the case in the box it came in or any other pc box & foam that fits otherwise the only other thing to watch would be that no cables are rattling around inside as the fan unit has not a lot of protection around it and is so quiete that you wouldn't know if it had jammed until you overheated & hopefully shutdown Automatically
Good luck & enjoy I am very happy with mine!!!

[#ff0000]Brainspace--oZ
[/#7f007f][/#ff0000]
August 2, 2007 6:22:22 PM

Hi, I´m also planning on buying the Asus P5kc, what do you know about it, is a god or a bad mobo, any problems like overheat, Bios issues, etc. Sorry for my bad english.
Related resources
a c 135 V Motherboard
August 2, 2007 6:38:23 PM

its a very nice board,very good for overclocking ,
it supports both DDR2 and DDR3 , next gen 45nm CPU's , (penryn) and according to rumors , it even may support PCI-E 2
August 2, 2007 6:52:59 PM

Hi,

the P5K design is very similar of my P5W DH Deluxe.

I had to return the scythe ninja because :

The fans clips (and the fan itself) were blocked by the northbridge heatsink.

Also, the scythe ninja is so huge that it blocks the first ram slot.

So forget about 4xXgb of ram with the scythe ninja.

Maybe a future revision will help on that.

August 3, 2007 12:14:57 AM

One of my friends has the P5KC, and he almost bust his CPU withe the Ninja - heard it was a hell of an insertion, but a cool runner (he has his e4300 @ 3,2GHz)
August 9, 2007 11:53:23 AM

Maziar said:
its a very nice board,very good for overclocking ,
it supports both DDR2 and DDR3 , next gen 45nm CPU's , (penryn) and according to rumors , it even may support PCI-E 2

See My Setup >>
I am running 2 x pci exp sapphire cards with 2x 17' Ibm & 1x 19" LG + Hooking in TV
Very Very flexable Mobo!
!