Sign in with
Your question
Closed

FireFox New Version

Last response: in Applications
December 21, 2011 5:37:43 AM

It released v9.

Will you upgrade it to the latest version?

BTW, anyone could show me how to save bookmarks that I keep on Firefox?

More about : firefox version

Best solution

December 21, 2011 6:01:00 AM

If you use FF, yes, most everyone will upgrade to the new version. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't. Mozilla has been very good with their upgrades, and haven't been set back with a poor upgrade.

Your bookmarks will transfer to the new version. If you want to backup your bookmarks, we'll need to know the version of windows you have, and we can tell you where to find them.
December 21, 2011 6:47:03 AM

Onio4yas said:
It released v9.

Will you upgrade it to the latest version?

BTW, anyone could show me how to save bookmarks that I keep on Firefox?

Well, it can be done as aford10 wrote down for u or u can try to save your favorites to a file... and restore it after new version is installed. I use this for periodical settings and favorites and extensions back up too.

U can use for Firefox soft like MozBackup.

MozBackup is a simple utility for creating backups of Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mozilla Sunbird, Flock, SeaMonkey, Mozilla Suite, Spicebird, Songbird and Netscape profiles.

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/
Score
Related resources
December 23, 2011 4:38:45 AM

aford10 said:
If you use FF, yes, most everyone will upgrade to the new version. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't. Mozilla has been very good with their upgrades, and haven't been set back with a poor upgrade.

Your bookmarks will transfer to the new version. If you want to backup your bookmarks, we'll need to know the version of windows you have, and we can tell you where to find them.

Aford10, the concern is must-have plugins like alexa or pagerank not keep it compatible with new version. So usually i would upgrade when the plugin is upgraded too.
Score
December 23, 2011 4:39:35 AM

nikorr said:
Well, it can be done as aford10 wrote down for u or u can try to save your favorites to a file... and restore it after new version is installed. I use this for periodical settings and favorites and extensions back up too.

U can use for Firefox soft like MozBackup.

MozBackup is a simple utility for creating backups of Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mozilla Sunbird, Flock, SeaMonkey, Mozilla Suite, Spicebird, Songbird and Netscape profiles.

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

Thanks Nikorr, I have heard MozBackup before.
Score
December 23, 2011 4:42:05 AM

I do believe alexa updates with the FF browser. Tho, I'm not familiar with pagerank. You can always try it, and if they don't, you can roll back to the previous version.
Score
December 27, 2011 8:22:34 AM

aford10 said:
I do believe alexa updates with the FF browser. Tho, I'm not familiar with pagerank. You can always try it, and if they don't, you can roll back to the previous version.

That's exactly what i did. : )

Thanks
Score
December 27, 2011 8:22:49 AM

Best answer selected by Onio4yas.
Score
December 27, 2011 8:35:46 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Score
!