Sign in with
Your question

How to turn the volume up on my microphone on my acer computer

Last response: in Windows Vista
September 18, 2010 3:06:36 PM

i have a acer laptop with windows 7 starter, i can not seem to talk with anyone on msn or on skype due to the fact that the volume on my microphone is turned down and i can not turn it up even though i have tried many times. please help me
September 18, 2010 11:29:34 PM

Right click on the volume icon by the sound and go to recording devices. You should be able to turn it up from there.
September 22, 2010 8:56:55 PM

You can use the line-in connection on your sound card to connect a portable music player, microphone, or other audio input device to your computer.

However, the line-in connection to your sound card is muted by default. This means that if you plug an audio device into this port, it will not produce any sound on your computer until you enable sound for the line-in connection.

Picture of the ports on the back of a sound cardMost sound cards have at least one line-out port to connect speakers and a line-in port to connect an audio input device
To enable sound for the line-in connection

1. Open Audio Devices and Sound Themes by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Sound.

2. Click the Playback tab, click Speakers, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Levels tab, and then, under Line In, click the Mute button Picture of the Mute button to enable sound for the line-in connection.

Also, check out this site for more helpful information and troubleshooting tips:
Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-f...

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team
!