Hardest motherboard item to find! Ever!

haynest

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
Thanks for any help I can get in advance!

I am trying to find and purchase the 2 pin connector that goes from the power switch on a pc case, to the 'pwr' pins on a motherboard! I cannot find them anywhere on the internet! Probably mostly because I do not know the proper name for the little things. I need them badly so if anybody could lend a hand I would be very appreciative!

You can use the case's 2 pin reset lead and attach it to the 2 pin power on connector on the MB panel and power the system on by hitting the reset switch on your case.

lambofgode3x

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006

why not just go to your local computer store and see if they have any spare power switches...they usually have cases that they dont use just laying around...or go buy a cheap 15 dollar case, and use the switch out of that...and then you have a backup case too...

just my 2 cents.

4745454b

Titan
You should also be able to pop out one of the pins and slide it over a spot. Or, you can go to radio shack and buy a momentary contact switch. (buy one that is normally off.) Grab an old fan header and wire your own.

Lackadaisical

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
A quick google products search finds a bunch of results :)

http://www.google.com/products?q=atx+power+switch&ie=utf-8&oe=utf- 8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N& tab=wf

Yoosty

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2007