RCT3 will not play - Graphics error

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

I was bought RCT 3 as a Christmas present and I thought it might not work
with my PC as I have the following spec PC.
Pentium P4 1.8ghz processor
256mb RAM, soon to be 512mb
Inno Nvidia TNT2 3D 32mb Graphics card.

I am running Windows 98SE, but will be upgrading to Windows XP in the first
week of the new year as my mate is going to install a new 120gb hard drive
and I will be using XP from then on, it is also when I will be upgrading the
memory to 512mb too.

I get the following error when I try to play the game as it installed fine,
just would not play.

Your graphics hardware or drivers do not meet the minimum requirements to
run RCT3.

I now know I will need a new 3D graphics card to play this game and would
like recommendations as to what would be a good graphics card to get, that
will be compatible with the spec PC I have and that will run RCT3. I do not
really want to spend loads of money but am looking to spend around 50 to 60
pounds if needed, if it cost more than that then I will have to get a dearer
one, I just used that as a sort of range I am looking to spend if I have to.

If anyone could let me know of a decent card that will allow me to play RCT
3 then please let me know, as it would be appreciated.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:17:52 GMT, "Dino M" <dinom@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>I was bought RCT 3 as a Christmas present and I thought it might not work
>with my PC as I have the following spec PC.
>Pentium P4 1.8ghz processor
>256mb RAM, soon to be 512mb
>Inno Nvidia TNT2 3D 32mb Graphics card.
>
>I am running Windows 98SE, but will be upgrading to Windows XP in the first
>week of the new year as my mate is going to install a new 120gb hard drive
>and I will be using XP from then on, it is also when I will be upgrading the
>memory to 512mb too.
>
>I get the following error when I try to play the game as it installed fine,
>just would not play.
>
>Your graphics hardware or drivers do not meet the minimum requirements to
>run RCT3.
>
>I now know I will need a new 3D graphics card to play this game and would
>like recommendations as to what would be a good graphics card to get, that
>will be compatible with the spec PC I have and that will run RCT3. I do not
>really want to spend loads of money but am looking to spend around 50 to 60
>pounds if needed, if it cost more than that then I will have to get a dearer
>one, I just used that as a sort of range I am looking to spend if I have to.
>
>If anyone could let me know of a decent card that will allow me to play RCT
>3 then please let me know, as it would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks to anyone that can help.

not sure what the cheapest would be but I recommend the ATI Radeon
9600