Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Peerblock crashing Firefox

Last response: in Applications
December 23, 2011 4:59:22 AM

I've searched through several pages of threads and didn't see anythang related to this, so it must not be very common.

A few weeks ago, I updated peerblock, and now it frequently crashes firefox. When I say crash, I mean clicking on links from email, or slickdeals, kills firefox connection, and in order to get it back, I have to completely close it out. Even going ot my banking website will kill FF connection. IE8 is not affected, neither is my IM. I was running FF5, and just updated to FF9 because all of the other versions gave me severe problems with crashing without peerblock.

If I close out peerblock I don't get the messages.

After I close out FF, once I reopen it, I get an error message which says "FF is already running." At this point I have to open task manager and close it out and then I can start browsing with FF again. Any ideas about how to fix this? Even a suggestion to something other than peerblock would be accepted as well.

I have the following add ons: No script, Https Everywhere, Adblock, Adblock Plus, and Better Privacy.
December 23, 2011 5:04:58 AM

One more thang, it also will not let me do searches on yahoo, with any browser.

I guess I would like a recommendation for something other than peerblock if anybody has one.

Thanx

Best solution

December 23, 2011 5:17:41 AM

Select not to filter HTTP connections.
Related resources
December 23, 2011 5:20:19 AM

I have the following add ons: No script, Https Everywhere, Adblock, Adblock Plus, and Better Privacy.

Why do u have so many??? U need only one Adblock Plus is my favorite.

Its counterproductive to use so many and they are crashing the FF. Guaranteed.
December 23, 2011 5:46:23 PM

Best answer selected by pharoahhalfdead.
December 23, 2011 5:47:52 PM

nikorr said:
Select not to filter HTTP connections.

Wow, fantastic. It only took a single second to get it working again. Much propz to you.

What do you mean they care counter productive when they "mostly" do different thangs?
!