az23

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2005
I am trying to clone a Maxtor 160 GB hard drive with ImageCenter 5.6 (DriveImage) and am having problems. The hard disk has multiple partitions on it.

When I go to clone the drive the disk is not listed at all within Drive Image. It is as if the drive is not there with that or almost any other DOS program. Other DOS programs can see it but they just give errors when attempting to access it. The drive works with my Windows XP but I do have service pack 2.

My motherboard is an MSI Neo-something. It is from very early on when SATA was just showing up. I believe that the SATA ports are controlled by the intel chipset and not an onboard controller. I do not believe I have needed drivers to install windows to it.

(Yeah, I know my mobo/chipset info is slackin' and if anyone thinks they can use more detailed info to help me, I will find it.)

Does anyone have any ideas? Do I maybe need to set the jumper to legacy SATA?

localcpuguy

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2007

x2 - Ghost will be your best bet.

az23

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2005
Hiren's is what I am using. Both Drive Image and True Image have failed so far but they work for IDE. I will try Ghost.

flasher702

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
um... yeah. DOS. 20yo OS not working with current hardware? Whodathunk? I don't really know of a better option off hand but try picking something that doesn't run in DOS for starters ;)