Help : tv-tuner roundup / comparison / reviews

Volt26

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2007
Hi guys, its my first post here and I used the search tool to find a reliable tv-tuners roundup with no avail.

Would someone have a website or particular magazine (with released month so I can find it) that spent time to review many tv tuners and compare them to each others?

If such a thing isnt existent on the web, is someone here capable of doing such a thing?

The tv tuners roundup of my dreams (eh..) would most likely various conditions screenshots of the same scene on all the tuners so we, the readers, can easily spot the difference from a cheap card to a high-end one.

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day! :hello:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

I'm sure the authors of Tom's Hardware Guide are reading this as we speak, but even so it would probably take a month to get a new one out for you. They have reviewed past tuners in the manner you requested.

Yeah I suspect there's an author or two out there who read these forums. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if an updated review with a theatre 650 and a few other competitors would appear in a few weeks time. But I can't speak for other people's free-time in the summer. :sol:

Volt26

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2007

I hope they do read this post. It would also be great if they reviewed lower priced tuners like ASUS MyCinema-P7131 that is commonly found in local computer stores for as low as 40$. I'd like to see what kind of picture it takes compared to the usual Hauppauge cards that cost 3 times this price..