I have XP Home, SP2. The other day I wrote in describing my problem: I
switched from earthlink to verizon a few months ago. But when I start my
computer an Earthlink window automatically appears and the computer tries to
connect--and of course fails. I was advised to remove Earthlink as an
option from my Internet Options Connections window. But I had already done
that--numerous times. Indeed, no matter how many times I delete that
option, it reappears as an Internet Option when I restart my computer. I
can't get rid of it as a choice. Perhaps a complicating factor is that I
have kept the Earthlink toolbar on my Verizon home page because it has all
my favorites and there was no way to transfer them.

This is a minor problem, but annoying.

Jery

Malke

Jerome Nadelhaft wrote:

> I have XP Home, SP2. The other day I wrote in describing my problem: I
> switched from earthlink to verizon a few months ago. But when I start
> my computer an Earthlink window automatically appears and the computer
> tries to
> connect--and of course fails. I was advised to remove Earthlink as an
> option from my Internet Options Connections window. But I had already
> done
> that--numerous times. Indeed, no matter how many times I delete that
> option, it reappears as an Internet Option when I restart my computer.
> can't get rid of it as a choice. Perhaps a complicating factor is
> that I have kept the Earthlink toolbar on my Verizon home page because
> it has all my favorites and there was no way to transfer them.
>
> This is a minor problem, but annoying.
>
> Jery

I suspect that your retention of the Earthlink toolbar is the reason you
are having a problem. The toolbar probably needs to access Earthlink's
servers for some of its functions, like the Yahoo toolbar does. There
must be a way of transferring your favorites or finding them if they
are on your hard drive. Check on Earthlink's site for tech support or
call them. Once you've done that, uninstall the Earthlink software (it
probably has an entry in Add/Remove Programs) and the issue will go
away.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers