nel

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2004
I have a EVGA GeForce 7900 GS KO / 256MB GDDR3 and a VIEWSONIC FLAT SCREEN 17 INCH with a 75HZ refresh rate also the video card with 75HZ....

My question is, whenever I installed the plug and play for monitor or the driver itself the refresh rate will go down to 60HZ. But without the driver I get a 75HZ.. Can anybody tell me how to resolve this issue

update your video and monitor drivers perhaps? and double check your monitor actually does support 75hz

also there are some tools to force resolutions, and you can "un-hide" "unsupported" resolutions

choirbass

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
well, since lcd monitors dont necessary rely on refresh rates to get anything on screen, 75Hz is pretty much the same as 60Hz, which is the same as 50, and 40, and even 28... ...as long as youre within the technical specs of the lcd monitor itself, the visual quality and impact shouldnt be any different really... though the mouse may move faster with a higher refresh rate setting, other than that though...

as far as fixing it, it may just be simple things, different drivers, restarting after installing, uninstalling and removing all relevant drivers, then reinstalling different ones, or even the same ones, system restore, registry repairing (registry mechanic works pretty well for correcting registry problems)