krag123

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
I dont post here all that often, but i though i would share a bit of informationi with the rest of you in the hopes that you do not fall victum to poor service like i have.

In September of last year I purchased a 19" LCD though Newegg from the Hanns-G company. I was very happy with my purchase and though it was a great deal for under $200. I thought heck with 500 good reviews how could i go wrong with this monitor. I wouldnt find out till the following April how wrong i was.

The first week in April of 2007 my monitor had decided it would stop working. The display had turned all white and i was un able to rectify the problem on my own. Seeing how the item was under Warenty for another 2.5 years i decided i would contact the manufaturer to see if they could help me with this issue. My first attempts at contecting them where though Email which Hanns-G said was the best way to contact them (so said their website).

I sent them an email describing my problem once a week at first, but towards the end of april i was sending them emails every day and still getting no reply. In May i thought it was best to change my tactic and called their tech support lines. Again using the same method i called, left a message with there answering service. Called back the following week, then started calling every day. It was not untill June that i was finally able to get some one on the phone the deal with my problem. He told me that i would have to ship in my Monitor to get it fixed, so i did.

July has come and my monitor is still not back in my possesion. I spoke with the Hanns-G people via phone after leaving 5 messages today. I was not going to let them give me the run around for another 3 months. When i finally got them on the phone i asked them where my monitor was, and that they had had it for more then a month (so said the UPS tracking number). They told me to hold on why they checked on the status of the monitor for me. I was shocked when they got back on the line and said they where still waiting for a part to come in to fix this issue. I nearly could have reached though the phone and draged him into my office. I was amazed that the horrible service i was getting, and i could not help but wonder how a designated repair facility could not have gotten a simple part within 30 days.

After a nice lenghy conversation with the tech I simply stated that i want my monitor back and fixed, or i wanted my money back. I dont know about the rest of you, but when i see a warnety on my item i want them to live up to it, and im sorry but 4 months is just crazy.

So has a helpful warning please Avoid the Hanns-G and Hanns-3 company of CA.

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Thanks for the info. We've all been in a place where we can can single handedly wipe out every employee of some of these *hitty businesses (dont follow my eyes, DELL MUST DIE!!!!!!!). Either way, I feel for you. Make sure you put your requests in writing and keep a log (ie. fax machine with confirmation receipts). If it all goes pear shaped, you can sue in small claims court, or report them to the Better Business Bureau. Companies crap themselves when they hear about the BBB. Not an org to be messed with.

Stop bending over and taking it up the rear. Stick it back to some of these horid companies.

bc4

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Add Samsung to this list of Shoddy companies who do not stand behind there products. Its been 4 months and I have not had any luck getting anything back from them. The only good thing is that they answer the phone quickly and then proceed to make up stories as too why they are taking so long. Samsung took 33 days to "receive" the product after UPS confirmed delivery. It has now been another 20 days.

I tried the "send me a fixed product or send me my money back" thing and they said that they only do that if they cannot be of any help. Almost 6 months and no help yet (or refund)

Too bad because samsung makes some intriguing products but I'll never buy anything to do with them again.

Harrisson

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2007
@bc, thats unlucky, but it depends on tech. service company which takes care of your countries warranty. In my country Samsung have one of the best tech. support so no complains here (takes 7-14 days max). I have issues with LG and Sony though, they are very slow with warranty service.

P.S. I have computer bussiness and talking about big numbers, not just few cases.

cristip60

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
Well usually in my country you don't have to contact the company that made the product you just have to go to the store wich sold you the item nad they take care about all the things, and if they can't they just give you another one or a refund.

krag123

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Cristip60,

In my country you do that to but this case was different. As I had bought the monitor though New Egg an Online retailer there was not much i could do. New Egg only carries a 30 day return policy before the manufacturer's warenty takes over. Seeing as it was nearly 6 months after i had bought the monitor befire it broke, i had to deal with the company direct.

Ah yes, the overseas tech support. Don't get me wrong, shitty support after the sale should automatically put a company out of business. Too bad it dosen't. One thing to remember when trying to reach overseas companies, if you are trying to call during the day from the USA, then its midnight over there. It's a pain, but sometimes you have better luck reaching someone on the day staff that will actually help and not just field the call, forget it and and go back to work, if you call from here at like 2am.

utaka95

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Try using Shotgun News or any other gun magazine for the packing material in your RMA. Get my stuff back overnighted sometimes....

Joe_The_Dragon

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006

tigerdirect is good I one build a system from parts I got and got a bad cpu and MB and they fixed replaced them both for free.

aziraphale

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Now that is an interesting concept. But since you're in the US I guess theres some risk involved in that is it not? Someone might consider calling the cops about it...