Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Want to Create BOOTABLE Clone Drive of my OS/System Drive

Last response: in Antivirus / Security / Privacy
December 28, 2011 11:24:33 PM

Having a 250GB HD with Windows xp, I want to make a Bootable external Clone of it for emergency in case of HD failure. (I just got a 500 GB LaCie external from my son.)

Thanks,
- Bob

More about : create bootable clone drive system drive

Related resources

Best solution

January 5, 2012 1:24:32 AM

You want to make a Bootable external Clone of your HD for emergency in case of HD failure. Actually I don't think the clone is the best choice, why don't you just backup whole hard disk to an image and save the image on your external hard drive, then you can have a recovery when facing with HD failure. Backup costs less hard disk space than clone. Of course, if you insist to clone HD, it's ok. Here I recommend you a free backup software which works well with Windows XP. EaseUS Todo Backup Free (http://www.todo-backup.com/) , it supports file backup (backup single files and folders,) disk/partition backup (backup whole HD or partition) and system backup (one click to backup system) and etc. It supports hard disk clone and partition clone. free download to have a try.
January 5, 2012 11:02:45 PM

wqmichelle said:
You want to make a Bootable external Clone of your HD for emergency in case of HD failure. Actually I don't think the clone is the best choice, why don't you just backup whole hard disk to an image and save the image on your external hard drive, then you can have a recovery when facing with HD failure. Backup costs less hard disk space than clone. Of course, if you insist to clone HD, it's ok. Here I recommend you a free backup software which works well with Windows XP. EaseUS Todo Backup Free (http://www.todo-backup.com/) , it supports file backup (backup single files and folders,) disk/partition backup (backup whole HD or partition) and system backup (one click to backup system) and etc. It supports hard disk clone and partition clone. free download to have a try.

Thank you. I'll try it in the next few days.

- Bob
Score
January 8, 2012 3:23:36 PM

Best answer selected by Bob Handler.
Score
a b 8 Security
January 8, 2012 4:00:08 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!