Sending a ringtone to another phone

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
January 15, 2005 10:05:07 PM

Question....I am with Cingular and wanted to see if someone could advise me
on if I download a ringtone or graphics and save it to my cell phone, if I
send it to another person with Cingular, via text message, will they be
charged the $1.99 or just the kb to download it. Thanks.

SH

More about : sending ringtone phone

January 16, 2005 2:44:58 AM

SAH wrote:

> Question....I am with Cingular and wanted to see if someone could advise me
> on if I download a ringtone or graphics and save it to my cell phone, if I
> send it to another person with Cingular, via text message, will they be
> charged the $1.99 or just the kb to download it. Thanks.
>
> SH

I don't know anything about sending a multimedia file phone to phone,
but the $1.99 charge only kicks in for the first one to download it from
the website. What happens to it after that is your business.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

SAH wrote:
> Question....I am with Cingular and wanted to see if someone could advise me
> on if I download a ringtone or graphics and save it to my cell phone, if I
> send it to another person with Cingular, via text message, will they be
> charged the $1.99 or just the kb to download it. Thanks.
>
> SH

you might be able to if both phones have blue tooth. I did it between
my T-Mo T610 and my Cingular V551. You have to play with it a bit. For
instance the Moto bluetooth times out faster than the Sony-Erickson.

Once they transfer they might not play at all or will sound slightly
different.

Also, some sound files will not transfer and the phone will give an
error such as "copyright protected"
!