What's going to be in my PC by the time its built?

Turbo9911

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2007
Okay... so I'm definitely getting a new PC.
For ages I've been agonizing about when to do it (the eternal debate... if I get it now, some much cooler stuff is going to be out in 3 months... just wait... 3 months later... cylce repeats).
At some point you just have to draw a line in the sand and buy some great gear that's available at that time, and just accept it'll be outdated 3 months later.

I think at last I've decided where my line in the sand is... (it was a shifting mess previously)

I've decided to wait until the next gen graphic cards come out (G90?) - I understand they should be about by the end of the year???

I also realise that there's loads of other cool stuff coming out in the future too (better CPU's / motherboards / ram etc.), but I've finally decided the graphics card will be my line in the sand and that I'll not wait for anything else (otherwise I'm back in the vicious cycle again).

Does anyone know or have any guess as to what the higher end gear will be doing about the time the G90's come out?

Cheers

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I have heard that the x-38 motherboards are coming out. They should have PCI express 2.0 and supposedly have unlocked multipliers for overclocking. That's all I know so far....I hear maybe September for the x-38.

Hope that helps...I had planned on waiting, but couldn't put off another few months again. Thought I'd get into that perpetual cycle you talked about.

TRENDING THREADS