Cpu/Mobo issues? not starting after setup

Spre

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2007
Hi all New here But need serious assistance.

A little history, Bought componates from new egg (cpu/mobo/case/psu/ram) when all arrived PSU was dead so I returned that got a refund and went with a wizard from tiger direct for a case/psu (ultra) got that hooked it all up found the mobo dead, rma'd that through newegg and just recieved the new mobo today.

I hooked it all up it booted fine and forced me into the setup menu, I preceeded to go into it and set default parameters, except I selected the O.N.E system to auto overclock it just a little *the lowest choice*

Once I saved and exited it rebooted but didn't reboot, in came a string of short beeps then it all shut down, Reading the manual it says the mobo has a shut off protection for overheating, however it was only on for like...... 10 minutes. Now it won't boot up at all, keyboard lights up for a second, the mobo lights flash on then off, and they stay off *the led's* which indicates a chipset/cpu error.

I moved the cmos1 jumper to 2-3 for 5 seconds as instructed by the manual to reset bios then repositioned it back into 1-2 but that doesn't seem to work.

CPU has no bet pins and seems to be accurate.

Any ideas on what is going on? because newegg took so long to rma my defective equipment the replacement warrenty through them has expired for the cpu.

Also memory was checked it is seated properly.

CPU: AMD Sempron 64 3000+ Manila 1.6GHz Socket AM2 Processor w/ heatsink and fan
MOBO: BIOSTAR TForce TF7025-M2 Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7025 Micro ATX
MEMORY: Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300)
CASE: Ultra Wizard Black Mid Tower w/500w PSU
FANS: 2 80 mm Fans installed, 1 120mm fan slot avaliable but not installed

No graphics installed using the onboard graphics. using onboard sound.

80 GB western digital hharddrive using IDE interface.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
I bought hundreds of psu's and mobo's and never had a dead one!
I have had mobos with issues after boot and psu's that failed later but only about 2-3% I would estimate.

My first guess is you live where to humidity is really low and static discharge is destroying the parts.

Of coarse someone wins lotto so you could just be the oppsite of a lotto winner?

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
i might add i only use quality parts - so i have never bought a biostar - maybe thats it?

overclocking utiliteis are like dummy lights on a car - mindless and server little purpose.

i suggest you remove the psu from the case - set the system on your desktop - first try one ram stick in slot 3

if it works manually adjust parameters on the mobo one at a time and reboot to bios

add the second stick after you get the parameters set

i am sure you problem lies in the parts you choose and setttings - what kind ram is it? spend $30 more and get good ram!

Spre

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2007
humidity is always high here.

This is a budget pc where all componates are budget but good quality. the Cpu/mobo is suppose to have *over heating protection* which I think might be the case because it states once it is triggered this very same thing happens, I just can;t seem to get it to *fix its self*