rziegler

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I need to boot from the network to cature and deploy an images to some older (XP-sp3) laptops that were donated to my school. I have one computer setup but I can not get it to boot from the network. I thought WinPe, which is what I think I need, came with XP. Apparently not since I did a clean install. I have a deployment sever set and have done this to various other computers in the school. How can I or what do I need to get, to get this computer to boot from the network?

rziegler

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Thank you!

In response, I have an RIS server. I have captured and deployed several images. I can't get the clients to boot from the network. When you press f12, it still boots to windows. I checked the setup but there isn't any pxe option. I am working on 2 different laptops that were donated- 6 older gateways & 32 older compaq. They were wiped clean. I installed Win XP sp3, on both. I can boot from the gateway, created a syspreped image and deployed it to the others. The Compaq on the other hand will not boot from the network, no f12, no option in the setup.

TRENDING THREADS