Sign in with
Your question

BUy or wait for Crysis?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 23, 2007 2:57:59 AM

I can't remember being excited abut a game as much I am about this one.

My system:

C2D E6400 @ 2400

4 x 512 XMS2 800mhz DDR2

2 x 500 GB WD 7200 RPM drives.

Thermaltake cpu cooling.

Antec 430 PSU 12v v2.2 w/ Antec Fusion case

I currentely have a GeForce 7600GT graphics card and zero chance of running this game at any decent levels, I am also tight on cash but luckily there is this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

can my PSU handle my new graphics card and is it a good uying option at this time or is something right around the corner? budget tops at 350 USD.

Thanks for any help.

More about : buy wait crysis

July 23, 2007 3:49:23 AM

Crysis will be release in time for Xmas season sales, so you have time to wait until next generation of nvidia or ati graphic cards to come out in mid fall. Plus when they do come out the prices of the other 8800 series graphic cards will fall.

But that is your call to make.

Hope this helps you out some.
July 23, 2007 4:10:29 AM

The smart thing to do is to wait...if you look in my signature, I think that it's pretty obvious that I didn't. You will save money/be able to afford better parts though if you wait. Right now if you throw $350 into your machine, you may get to utilize minimal settings on crysis. If you wait, your money should take you further, and bump your FPS quite a bit.

Unless your willing to go all out right now and spend the big bucks, I would give it some time.
Related resources
July 23, 2007 4:32:50 AM

i agree just wait and be patient.
July 23, 2007 4:51:12 AM

Wait it out the logical thing is to wait for the game to be released and then think about upgrading.
a b U Graphics card
July 23, 2007 6:55:24 AM

Yoosty said:
Crysis will be release in time for Xmas season sales, so you have time to wait until next generation of nvidia or ati graphic cards to come out in mid fall.

I agree with the idea of waiting until you know, but your time frame is back to front for the current time frames.

The next gen G9x and R6xx cards are Xmas/NewYear time frames from all the current buzz, and Crysis is a mid fall release;

http://www.ea.com/crysis/features.jsp
July 23, 2007 11:15:49 AM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
I agree with the idea of waiting until you know, but your time frame is back to front for the current time frames.

The next gen G9x and R6xx cards are Xmas/NewYear time frames from all the current buzz, and Crysis is a mid fall release;

On July 11th, on E3 2007 Games announcements and Lineup. Also listed are most games to come out this year too.

Crysis PC Christmas 2007
http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/32843/98/

So it still you decision on buy now or wait.
July 23, 2007 1:42:56 PM

I cant see any new non-high end cards having a significant improvement over the ones out atm. 8800gts 320mb is pretty solid atm. It'll play the games you want until the next one comes out at max too.

In my advice you might aswell buy it now. Thats me though.
July 23, 2007 2:14:05 PM

Crysis is expected to scale back 2 years and scale ahead 1.5 years. So even a 7600 GT will play it, albeit at either minimum or close to. An 8800 GTS 320 or higher should be able to play this at medium to high settings. Depends on your resolution of course. Remember FarCry? My X800 XT currently struggles with it at max settings, and it was out after the game I believe, and considered to be top end. But it played it very well at high settings with low amounts of AF and AA. You will be fine with picking up an 8800 but if Crysis is the only game you're buying this card for, it wouldn't hurt to wait just before its release.

You really won't get any improvement in performance over an 8800 unless they release the 8900 series (if its even in developement, not sure), but even then, nothing you won't be able to obtain with a nice overclock. If anything, just wait for prices to go down. I personally just purchased a 640MB GTS, because i figured I might as well get a full PC as my CPU and motherboard price dropped about 170$ combined. Also, bioshock is coming soon...
July 23, 2007 2:18:16 PM

Get a new PSU now and put the rest of your money towards buying a new card later this year. There's a contest going on right now for people to guess specs needed to run Crysis. If you can wait for the contest to be over (apparently in the near future talk about vague :??:  )you'll know with reasonable certainty what is needed to run it. Atleast getting a new PSU ensures you that by the time the game comes out you'll be able to just drop in any card you want and not have to worry about that part, and in the meantime you'll have the pleasure of looking at your overpowered system ;) 

July 23, 2007 5:02:19 PM

If your main concern is getting good performance in crysis and your actual system satisfies your current needs, the obvious strategy is to wait for the game to come out, find a few of the inevitable "Crysis GPU roundups" articles, see how the cards on the market at that moment perform in the game, choose one that gives performance you would be happy whit, and then worry about whether your actual psu is strong enough to power the chosen card.

Upgrading now to improve performance in an unreleased game is not the most efficient way of spending your money.
July 23, 2007 5:52:38 PM

I'll reinforce the idea out there that you should wait until Crysis comes out before you upgrade for it. I honestly believe you'll be able to play Crysis at 1024x768 or 1280x1024 with the game on medium or around there. I bet it will still look good. Part of the reason for this is because I believe Crytek is taking pains to make this game playable on as many machines as possible (thinking like Valve did with HL:2) so that they can sell more copies, and I also believe they have the talent to make it pretty scalable. If you wait until the game comes you can always take a go at it before you invest in an upgrade just for it (it could suck), but a good graphics card upgrade is rarely regretted :) 
July 23, 2007 6:06:39 PM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:

I believe Crysis is scheduled for a 9/11/2007 release. :whistle: 
July 23, 2007 6:17:07 PM

Heyyou27 said:
I believe Crysis is scheduled for a 9/11/2007 release. :whistle: 

Something about that release date is disturbing. A day before, a day after, anything but on 9/11.
July 23, 2007 6:38:51 PM

I agree with morerevs, get a new PSU and wait. After you buy Crysis you'll have a better idea of it's requirements, there should be better hardware out and the current hardware will be cheaper.
July 23, 2007 6:41:29 PM

I agree with this. A more powerful psu will be required no matter what. Without it, no DX10 card will successfully run.
July 23, 2007 6:44:55 PM

Your power supply is fine. I have a 520W Corsair, and it runs:
1. Overclocked E6420 to 3.45GHz @ 1.45V
2. 2 sticks 1066 RAM
3. Four 250GB 7200RPM HDs
4. One 8800GTX OC (630/1000MHz)

I have a power meter ("Kill-A-Watt" - get one of these for $30 or so on the web), and in my games, it uses 330W at the wall, and at 85% efficiency, it is therfore supplying 281W.

Your system will use less. A power supply should be on the bottom of your list - get your video card, and it is unstable, then think about a new power supply.

Also, you should get your new video card NOW. You are right to want it - it will make you life better.

If you want something even better for Crysis when it comes out, then sell it on eBay at that point or pawn it off on your family or friends. Your grandma always wanted a new gaming graphics card.
July 23, 2007 6:59:05 PM

His present psu only puts out 430 wt. That's a bit on the anemic side for running a 8800 series card, which he plans to get.

As for that line "You are right to want it - it will make your life better", are you a salesman or something? Its about two months before Crysis comes out. Predicting how powerful a video card it will take to run it smoothly is something no one knows for sure. Unless there's a good reason to buy, like his present card has died or is not giving enough fps on the games he currently plays, then there are better things to do with his money, like save it until he really knows what he needs and wants.
July 23, 2007 7:46:02 PM

sailer said:
His present psu only puts out 430 wt. That's a bit on the anemic side for running a 8800 series card, which he plans to get.

As for that line "You are right to want it - it will make your life better", are you a salesman or something? Its about two months before Crysis comes out. Predicting how powerful a video card it will take to run it smoothly is something no one knows for sure. Unless there's a good reason to buy, like his present card has died or is not giving enough fps on the games he currently plays, then there are better things to do with his money, like save it until he really knows what he needs and wants.

Dude.. seriosly, are you the salesman for some PSU company.
Follow this link and do the calc: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/
Remember that the result you get suggests a "safe" zone, mind you, if it states 350W, you would still be able to run your hard with a good 320W PSU and it will work fine.

==> You are solid with your PSU even if you go for GTX.

About the GPU.. If you play any games that your 7600GT cannot handle today, get the 320 MB now. If you are that sycked about Crysis.. wait as ATI is prepearing a launch of RV670 in Q4 and Nvidia just might respond by hitting us with Geforce9 lineup. Predicting how GTS 320 will preform in Crysis is pretty much impossible but if you want a guess then mine will be 35 - 55 FPS @ normal detail with 1280*1024 No AA and OCed 6400... but I doubt that any new GPU for under 350$ will outpreform GTS silly and new cards are very pricy @ the launch.
July 23, 2007 8:01:38 PM

Yeah Sailer, I think you can get off you power supply band wagon. Unless someone is running a real garbage, cheapo power supply, nobody needs those 750W or 1KW powers supplies out there.

His 430W should be good for even a 8800GTX system (even mine). It only needs to give out ~280W continuous, and his is rated for 430W. That's 150W of spare, extra head room.

And if he is getting a more reasonable card like the 8800GTS, then his system is probably looking at around 220W continuous - a mere half of the rated supply. And remember - the supplies are rated to be able to actually be able to supply the full amount (at least for short periods of time).

But Sailer you are right, it is very conceivable that his PS won't support the extra card (but in my estimate). In that case, he would see his system boot with the new card, but then maybe crash when he runs a game. Then he gets a new PS if he wants.

If you want to save him money, then the right advice is this - DON'T BUY A PS unless you are sure you need it, and even then only AFTER you buy the new video card.
July 23, 2007 8:23:34 PM

Ok, I'm not saying his PSU is bad but what happened to me was I got a new vidcard and a second harddrive and my PSU died shortly there-after taking with it my mobo. After I put in the new PSU (coolermaster 450 with Watt meter) it turned out the system ONLY used 150-200 W (pretty old weak system :D  )and it still took out my PSU which was rated at 350 W. It's not all about Wattage, it's about quality and where the Watts are being pulled from. This is why I said get a PSU now and a vidcard later (assuming he will get one of the newer/better cards coming out to play Crysis) I,ve found out the hard way not to skimp on a PSU and upgrade in the wrong order.
Asfar as the 8800 GTS goes your PSU will handle that, anything above that IMO is stretching it. Could be fine for a while but if you push something long and hard enough, it will break.

0.02$ explanation :p 
July 23, 2007 8:29:27 PM

Pawn it off on friends or family said:
Pawn it off on friends or family

There is always that one friend that you know from work or school or wherever that will buy your POS for 3 times more than what its worth.

Thats what makes being a nerd so easy. It's not hard to get the latest and greatest when you know more than your friends/coworkers/etc.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
July 23, 2007 10:04:02 PM

trikoid said:
Yeah Sailer, I think you can get off you power supply band wagon. Unless someone is running a real garbage, cheapo power supply, nobody needs those 750W or 1KW powers supplies out there.

His 430W should be good for even a 8800GTX system (even mine). It only needs to give out ~280W continuous, and his is rated for 430W. That's 150W of spare, extra head room.

And if he is getting a more reasonable card like the 8800GTS, then his system is probably looking at around 220W continuous - a mere half of the rated supply. And remember - the supplies are rated to be able to actually be able to supply the full amount (at least for short periods of time).

But Sailer you are right, it is very conceivable that his PS won't support the extra card (but in my estimate). In that case, he would see his system boot with the new card, but then maybe crash when he runs a game. Then he gets a new PS if he wants.

If you want to save him money, then the right advice is this - DON'T BUY A PS unless you are sure you need it, and even then only AFTER you buy the new video card.

Let me look. Did I say that he should buy a 750-850 wt psu? With his system, something around 500wt should do fine, when he steps up to a 8800 series card, unless he overclocks and has more hardware than he lists. You think a 430 wt psu should run a 8800 GTX? Well, EVGA recommends a minimum 450 wt with 12v rating at 28 amps for a 8800 GTX. That's a minimum and it shouldn't be relied on for long term, especially if a person does any overclocking, which a fair number of people do. One thing that I personally like to do is to have the computer ready for the hardware I stick into it. That saves me from plugging something in and wondering why it doesn't work. But that's all my opinion, and you have yours.

And if anyone wonders, I only use a 700 wt psu myself, with my overclocked FX60. I one time had SLI, which, according to the psu calculator, shoved my draw up to 682 wt and indicated the need for the 700 wt psu.
July 23, 2007 10:23:20 PM

in order to bring this back to crysis... does anyone know when the specs are going to come out?
July 23, 2007 10:29:45 PM

spuddyt said:
in order to bring this back to crysis... does anyone know when the specs are going to come out?

Estimated Crysis Release Date: September, 2007

Minimum Requirements
CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600 or ATI X1600 - Shader Model 2.0
RAM: 1GB
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9 with Windows XP / Vista

Recommended Requirements
CPU: Dual-Core CPU (Athlon X2 / Pentium D / Core 2 Duo)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GT or ATI X1800XL Pro (SM 3.0)
RAM: 1.5GB+
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9 with Windows XP / Vista

That's the best we have @ the moment.

July 23, 2007 10:50:36 PM

sailer said:
Let me look. Did I say that he should buy a 750-850 wt psu? With his system, something around 500wt should do fine, when he steps up to a 8800 series card, unless he overclocks and has more hardware than he lists. You think a 430 wt psu should run a 8800 GTX? Well, EVGA recommends a minimum 450 wt with 12v rating at 28 amps for a 8800 GTX. That's a minimum and it shouldn't be relied on for long term, especially if a person does any overclocking, which a fair number of people do.

* No, you didn't say that he should buy a 750W PSU. :ange: 
* You are misleading AAArDvArK. His PSU is a high quality one and provides enough juice (assuming I googled the right one)

- EVGA does recommend this but lets try to find out why. First thing a company like EVGA would never give you a minimum requirement. They will give you a safe one. Second, that recommendation comes with an assumption that you have a very demanding hardware:

- High end mobo
- QX6850
- 8800 GTX
- 2 DDR2 sticks
- 2 Harddrives
- Soundblaster
- 3 Fans
- 2 Optical Drives

@ 100% load

Draws 450W and the Calc Always gives you "Safe" numbers, meaning that this setup will not draw more then 350 - 390W (less I expect).
The danger is when you have a bad quality PSU witch might state 550W but have a single 18A 12V rail :pfff: 
In last few month many stress the importance of PSU's but few actually take time to understand the finer points. Even if AAArDvArK overclocks his GTS and CPU to the max, his powersupply will still hold and will not even work @ 75% of the fullload.
a b U Graphics card
July 23, 2007 11:57:12 PM

xela said:

Minimum Requirements
CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600 or ATI X1600 - Shader Model 2.0

That's the best we have @ the moment.

Yeah which is unfortunate, beause the specs I see at In Crysis etc, like those above are confusing, and their few interviews (best 2 I've seen being in German) seem to tell a bit of a different story with support even further down the list if you're willing to play at 'low settings'.

The thing that concerns me about the spec above, is WHY the use of nV6600/X1600 and then mention SM2.0?

Unless there is a need for FP32 why would the X800-850XT not be an option which would outpower the X1600 series (maybe the X1650XT would be superior at a standard SM2.0 path), but that spec to means means something more along the SM3.0 line, but it specifically mentions SM2.0 instead of going all generic with DX9 min (which could've worked on the DX9.0c angle to keep out the X800 series). I can understand potentially omitting the FX5900-5950 due ot performance issues, but what would the technical reason be for a plain GF6600 (not GT) but no FX5950Ultra if it was only a 32bit limit as well?

Unfortunately for me raises more questions than it answers.

PS, personally I think Antec power supplies suck, but then again that's just personal eperience with other models. I think the wise thing to do is never throw anything out until you know for sure (or unless want is more important than need), and as it relates to the rest of the thread, never buy hardware specifically for a game until you know how it performs in that game in objective test. If you must build now, ok some level of forward-thinking needs to be put into trying to accomodate a game one likes, but if specifically buying for that game, then I always say wait for the game to actually arrive, and buy once you know for sure. Guesses usually just dissapoint people who always expected to get more performance out of their 6 month old purchase, regardless of how many time they've been dissapointed when confronted with new titles to crush their systems, like D3, Oblivion, and FSX.

I think it, like FartCry, will be playable on many systems, but I also think like after FC many people will be looking to eBay and NewEgg the day after they install Crysis in their systems so they can just squeeze a little more out of it.
July 24, 2007 12:37:36 AM

Thanks for all the replies and info!!!!

Looks like I will have to wait to get the best performance possible. The reason I was thinking of buying now was that other games, like BioShock, are coming out between now and Crysis and was hoping to pass the time by playing them, but my real goal is to play Crysis at Ultra Quality or as close to it as possible by shelling out up to 350$

Definately going to buy the card first before upgrading my PSU if I ever will with my current system.

Who knows, maybe I will find someone I can sell my current system to and build from scratch.
July 24, 2007 1:24:53 AM

AAArDvArK said:
Thanks for all the replies and info!!!!

Looks like I will have to wait to get the best performance possible. The reason I was thinking of buying now was that other games, like BioShock, are coming out between now and Crysis and was hoping to pass the time by playing them, but my real goal is to play Crysis at Ultra Quality or as close to it as possible by shelling out up to 350$

Definately going to buy the card first before upgrading my PSU if I ever will with my current system.

Who knows, maybe I will find someone I can sell my current system to and build from scratch.

* Antek is far from beeing the best (or even a good) PSU maker but I don't think they would go as far as faking rail currents.
* Requirements sort of blow but that's what all the freaky fan sites are sticking with.
* AAArDvArK, Prepear to invest more then 350$ if you are planning to play Crysis on highest details. It's a safe bet that you will need at least a 500$ GPU and a faster CPU for that (you can overclock yours I suppose) It might not even be possible @ the release date unless you have a Killer SLI/Crossfire setup.
July 24, 2007 2:32:38 AM

super777 said:
The smart thing to do is to wait...if you look in my signature

ROFL super, that's an uber machine you got there. Like $5K? LOL!

July 24, 2007 2:43:23 AM

sailer said:
Something about that release date is disturbing. A day before, a day after, anything but on 9/11.

So what, nobody can do anything on 9/11? It's just another day folks. Something happened there a few years ago, but it's in the past.
July 24, 2007 7:00:59 AM

williamfontaine said:
So what, nobody can do anything on 9/11? It's just another day folks. Something happened there a few years ago, but it's in the past.

I'd like to see you say that to all those that lost loved ones on that day jackass. That has to be about the most retarded and ignorant statement I have ever seen on these boards.

This discussion has no place on a forum such as this but your statement evoked such rage in me that I have to say something. I am an American, I would kill or die for my country and to have you disgrace the honor of those that died that day is reprehensible. I would vote to have Memorial day moved from May to Sept. 11 just so people never forget what happened on that day. It saddens me that there are those of you out there that have such little regard for life or the sacrifice those made by running into a burning collapsing building to try to help. My hope is that someday you'll understand the immorality of your statement and respect the people who are no longer here because it's not just another day.
July 24, 2007 9:08:57 AM

Well sorry for the offtopic i will make but the ignorance of the USA government killed all those people if the US government wasn't that oil hungry maybe that wouldn't have happended but that's my opinion.
I don't mean i don't feel sorry for all those inocent people that died at 9/11 but the USA killed them not someone else.
And i remember a american show that was asking the people on the street to name a country that starts with U and they where all saying Yougoslavia.
a b U Graphics card
July 24, 2007 3:48:09 PM

Get back on topic people.

No one cares about your personal views on 9/11 and this is not the place. Stick to graphics or go to the 'OTHER' section and beat your heads together on the subject.
July 24, 2007 7:24:32 PM

Sorry ape.
Well like everyone said just wait for crysis to come out and then gett a new card.
July 24, 2007 8:05:00 PM

what was gpus was the game running on at e3? Dual 8800 gtx's or something?
July 24, 2007 8:05:53 PM

Wait. Crysis could be delayed, and then you'll be sucking a raw side of your credit card for no reason.
July 24, 2007 8:22:08 PM

according to the e3 coverage on gamespot.com they asked and the guy was vague and just said it was an 8800 he didn't say sli and it was looking smooth
July 24, 2007 8:34:46 PM

dev says 320mb 8800gts on ultra settings, 7600gt should be able to run it medium, considering the recommended is 7800gtx should be able to run it at high, jus remember the range from high to max settings is really really long
July 24, 2007 8:39:39 PM

ryokinshin said:
dev says 320mb 8800gts on ultra settings, 7600gt should be able to run it medium, considering the recommended is 7800gtx should be able to run it at high, jus remember the range from high to max settings is really really long

where does it say that? link pls
July 24, 2007 8:48:54 PM

this is the worst, i read this when i wasnt looking for crysis specs, basically someone jus asked a dev wat are u running it with and he said an 8800gts 320mb can run it ultra settings
a b U Graphics card
July 24, 2007 11:39:35 PM

Quote:
They wouldnt make a game thats unplayable on most systems out there.

The scaling will be great, but they did say that maximum settings will not be playable on even the best systems currently available, but they have made it scale backwards a long way (mentioning target top of the line system from 3+ years ago).

Quote:
There are very few people who have the latest high end rigs or can afford them just to play a few games and they know this. I worked damn hard to buy mine and everything runs great at 1920 x 1200 max settings, and I am also one of the few Non-Intel C2D people on here. You will be fine with a 8800 series card no matter what you decide.

You'll be 'fine' but it's a question of max playabale, and we still don't know enough about the game and it's stress level and even prefered architecture yet. Rememeber those early demos were all at the the 12x7 area, so it's still could easily choke any card at higher settings. Just looking at the sandbox demo and the effect of particles, vegetation, and view distance on the fluidity of the demo shows that if they really try they could easily choke any card out there. So I'd agree the GF8800s will play this game, but I don't have any idea of what the max playable settings will be. Just like Oblivion, I have a feeling there will be a few compromises at first for even the top end systems.

Quote:
I just read a review of it being played on a new direct x 10 laptop and ran fine, dont have the link sorry.

Yeah that's this one;
http://www.dignews.com/preview.php?story_id=24171

But like I said in the Laptop section, those screenies look tohave low resolution (looks 8x6) and to have low depth of field and no AA. I don't know what the other features are but I suspect texture quality dropped a notch or two (depending on options). Overall looks promising for scaling, but I still wouldn't make any conclusion on max settings yet though.

I still say if you're building for a specific game, then wait for the game to arrive so you know what plays it best. If he must buy now then any hig-end choice will play the game 'fine' because Crytek will make sure that's the case to ensure their customes are happy, but that doesn't mean there won't be differences between platforms, so IMO wait to know for sure.
July 30, 2007 12:11:00 AM

cristip60 said:
Well sorry for the offtopic i will make but the ignorance of the USA government killed all those people if the US government wasn't that oil hungry maybe that wouldn't have happended but that's my opinion.
I don't mean i don't feel sorry for all those inocent people that died at 9/11 but the USA killed them not someone else.
And i remember a american show that was asking the people on the street to name a country that starts with U and they where all saying Yougoslavia.

Wow, I didn't know that Rosie O'Donnell was PC enthusiast. What else would you have liked to add to that absolutely rediculous claim; that a certain administration, nine months into office, planned and excecuted said attack with near perfect results (even though an islamic extremist group headed by Osama claimed responsiblilty for said attack that took them YEARS to plan)??? Wow, the US should have used said administration to plan our exit strategy from Iraq... :sarcastic:  :sarcastic:  :sarcastic:  Our supposed plan for oil seemed to work like a charm... US gas prices are at an all time low... :sarcastic:  :sarcastic:  :sarcastic: 

Your tinfoil hat wearing logic (if you can call it logic) is severly flawed. :lol: 
July 30, 2007 12:17:50 AM

Just buy your card now.

I was in the same place you were and I ended up getting a plain jane vanilla 320Mb 8800GTS. I can't tell you how much this card rocks. Lost Planet on Ultra settings is unreal.

You won't be dissapointed with this gens high end cards. Just bite the bullet and get one. In three months, trade up to the GTX or Ultra, and then in three months after that, trade up again to something new. (This is with EVGA btw)
July 30, 2007 12:38:41 AM

kaotao said:
Wow, I didn't know that Rosie O'Donnell was PC enthusiast. What else would you have liked to add to that absolutely rediculous claim; that a certain administration, nine months into office, planned and excecuted said attack with near perfect results (even though an islamic extremist group headed by Osama claimed responsiblilty for said attack that took them YEARS to plan)??? Wow, the US should have used said administration to plan our exit strategy from Iraq... :sarcastic:  :sarcastic:  :sarcastic:  Our supposed plan for oil seemed to work like a charm... US gas prices are at an all time low... :sarcastic:  :sarcastic:  :sarcastic: 

Your tinfoil hat wearing logic (if you can call it logic) is severly flawed. :lol: 
Yeah, I don't have anywhere near enough confidence in my government that they could pull off something as large as 9/11 and keep it secret. I miss the days when this forum was about computers; the days where you were an ATI fanboy if you didn't own two 8800GTXs, according to Rob. I say politics out, hardware in.
July 30, 2007 1:37:18 AM

Wait, wait wait.

I cant state that clearly enuf if its Crysis ur waiting for.

My GTS320 for example... running 14x10 res and its only JUST cutting it with the latest dx9 games at full candy. Even in TDU when u do a standing burnout, the smoke KILLS the fps. Ur kidding urself if u think dx10 will be any faster.

Ur on a budget so...wait till Crysis has been released (public) for ~ 1 week (yah, longest week of ur life i know!) and see what people and benches are saying. I expect ppl with 8800gtx are not gonna be thrilled (sry guys).

So yeah... see what the game requires in the real world, then make your decision. By that time u could save up some cash too. :D 

PS: I got a gts320 cos my 1950xt was a DOG! I'll upgrade when 9xxx cards come out (hopefully ~ the same time as crysis)
July 30, 2007 2:23:05 AM

Heyyou27 said:
Yeah, I don't have anywhere near enough confidence in my government that they could pull off something as large as 9/11 and keep it secret. I miss the days when this forum was about computers; the days where you were an ATI fanboy if you didn't own two 8800GTXs, according to Rob. I say politics out, hardware in.

Spot on... :D 
!