Somethings wrong and i need your help please.

envision

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
Hi, recently my power supply short circuited and it fried almost everything in my comp. And i bought new parts to replace them and since im on a low budget im reusing some stuff that still works like my cdrom drive and video card. Well heres the problem i bought a new cpu, mobo, ram, hard drive, power supply and maybe something else but i cant remember. I installed them and installed windows and everytime im almost done installing windows my comp restarts again. I'm thinking a blue screen is appearing. So then i went to bios and checked everything again to make sure everythings in the correct settings and tried again and it still restarted. So then i just left my comp on bios screen to see if it restarts again for 2 hrs and it didn't. But while installing windows it restarts. Oh, yea when i try to make the comp boot from the cdrom drive it takes forever is it because the cdrom drive is messed up too? And now im just out of ideas. So can anyone help me?

I am speculating, but try one DIMM of RAM is slot one only. Set the memory voltage to mfg specs in BIOS. DDR2 would be 2.0-2.1 volts in BIOS. Then try and load windows OS. If the first DIMM you try fails to load windows, try another single DIMM in slot 1 and set the mfg. recommended voltage in BIOS before loading the OS.

envision

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
Thanks, I left one ram in 1 slot and it worked i got windows to install and it worked fine. But, when i put in my other ram in it restarts after using for about 10mins i find it strange beacuse i only have 2 gigs of ram in and my mobo can support 2 gigs max so is there anything i can do to make it work or should i return it and use 1.5gigs of ram.