"software distribution service2.0"

Can anyone help with this issue? My computer takes a long time to start
and I can't connect to the internet. This happens after a "software
distribution service2.0" automatically updates itself on my computer. I
have to do a system restore to fix the problem. By the way, I have an
English OS but I have Japanese language options. Might this be part of
the problem? It is driving me nuts.

Thanks, Anthony

--
anthony trotter
anthony trotter's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2837

    Is there anyone out there who can help with this?

    --

    anthony trotter wrote:
    > Is there anyone out there who can help with this?

    My guess is that you are downloading Service Pack 2.
    Hard to tell from the limited info you give.
    It turns on the Windows firewall by default. You may
    have to change the setting to get your Internet connection
    working again. As far as the long boot time it could be
    one of many problems. After the update have you rebooted more
    than one time? I know the first reboot after I loaded SP2 took
    a long time but after that it returned to normal. I think the
    first time it has to load the new files. Maybe someone here
    could elaborate on what happens on the first reboot after a
    major update like SP2.

    gls858

    *Thank you very, very much for your reply. I apologize to you for my
    limited information.

    My guess is that you are downloading Service Pack 2. Hard to tell from
    the limited info you give. You may have to change the setting to get
    your Internet connection working again.

    *How would I go about doing this? I will change anything to fix this
    awful problem.

    As far as the long boot time it could be one of many problems. After
    the update have you rebooted more than one time?

    *I reboot about 10 times before I do a system restore. I have since
    turned off the automatic update feature.

    I know the first reboot after I loaded SP2 took a long time but after
    that it returned to normal. I think the first time it has to load the
    new files. Maybe someone here could elaborate on what happens on the
    first reboot after a major update like SP2.

    *Perhaps, but I don’t hear the familiar spinning of the hard drive. So,
    I don’t think any files are loading. It goes from the initial Toshiba
    screen to the Windows blue welcome screen, to a blank desktop and just
    sits there for a long time. Then the icons pop up, Norton antivirus
    didn’t load and I can’t connect to the internet.

    Again, I thank you very much for replying to my post. Do you need
    anymore information from me?

    Anthony T.

    --
    anthony trotter