"software distribution service2.0"

Can anyone help with this issue? My computer takes a long time to start
and I can't connect to the internet. This happens after a "software
distribution service2.0" automatically updates itself on my computer. I
have to do a system restore to fix the problem. By the way, I have an
English OS but I have Japanese language options. Might this be part of
the problem? It is driving me nuts.

Thanks, Anthony

--
anthony trotter
anthony trotter's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2837

anthony trotter wrote:
> Is there anyone out there who can help with this?

My guess is that you are downloading Service Pack 2.
Hard to tell from the limited info you give.
It turns on the Windows firewall by default. You may
have to change the setting to get your Internet connection
working again. As far as the long boot time it could be
one of many problems. After the update have you rebooted more
than one time? I know the first reboot after I loaded SP2 took
a long time but after that it returned to normal. I think the
first time it has to load the new files. Maybe someone here
could elaborate on what happens on the first reboot after a
major update like SP2.

gls858

*Thank you very, very much for your reply. I apologize to you for my
limited information.

My guess is that you are downloading Service Pack 2. Hard to tell from
the limited info you give. You may have to change the setting to get
your Internet connection working again.

*How would I go about doing this? I will change anything to fix this
awful problem.

As far as the long boot time it could be one of many problems. After
the update have you rebooted more than one time?

*I reboot about 10 times before I do a system restore. I have since
turned off the automatic update feature.

I know the first reboot after I loaded SP2 took a long time but after
that it returned to normal. I think the first time it has to load the
new files. Maybe someone here could elaborate on what happens on the
first reboot after a major update like SP2.

*Perhaps, but I don’t hear the familiar spinning of the hard drive. So,
I don’t think any files are loading. It goes from the initial Toshiba
screen to the Windows blue welcome screen, to a blank desktop and just
sits there for a long time. Then the icons pop up, Norton antivirus
didn’t load and I can’t connect to the internet.

Again, I thank you very much for replying to my post. Do you need
anymore information from me?

Anthony T.