Inexpensive video editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klippenwald

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
I haven't said free because the free software leaves watermarks or limits file size or output type.

I have a bunch of screen capture files from FRAPS. They are .AVI files. I need to collect these files and turn them into one "film" and have the ability to output them in various formats, whether that be DVD, iPhone, .MOV or whatever.

That's pretty much it. I already can put in graphics and titles, just need to find a good clean way to join it all up.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Edit: Also a suggestion of a good video capture software may be a good idea too - I've discovered FRAPS leaves a buzz and echo in my recoded audio.

klippenwald

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
Ok, after playing with some of these I think the issue lies with the FRAPS output. There seems to be problems with the audio portion of the file or the is some missing data. AVIDemux says there's no audio (but when I play the clips individually in VLC they are fine). Virtualdub seems to be able to handle the files but doesn't have the export options I need.

skaz

Distinguished

What formats did you need to export too? I use Vdub personally for quick editing of videos recorded with FRAPS. I use mp3 for audio compression and h.264 for video compression.

Status
Not open for further replies.