NEC Drive problems... DVD Burning

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
So, My DVD Burner has worked fine for quite some time... I actually burned some data a couple weeks ago, but now it won't burn anything onto a DVD-R... CD-Rs work fine, just not DVD-Rs.. It reads previously burned media on DVD and CD.. It also reads Games and music CDs. So the only thing it doesn't do is detect blank DVD-R... When I right click on the drive in Mycomputer, it shows a Completely Blue circle, with 0 bytes on everything... thanks for your help ahead of time guys!

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Could be the media, have you tried different brands of DVDs? Update the firmware. May just be heading south and a new one will cost you about $30, something like Samsung, Lite On, or LG

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
Thanks for the advice, I figured those possibilities, I already upgraded my firmware on my NEC ND-3550A to version 1.7... Sorry I didn't say the model earlier... The variables I haven't tested are different media, and different computer (for OS, and mobo purposes). I've been looking at getting two anyways, so I might as well buy another, and if this one turns out to be bad.. so be it.. but if it's good, then I have two.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006

Always good to have extra parts for testing, at least as long as you know they're good :)