Questions about ASRock 775 Dual 880 Pro

jeb1517

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2007
Ok the BIOS on this board is 4Mb AMI BIOS with ACPI, SM BIOS 3.0, PnP, I have it updated to the latest version which is v1.60. My first question is, anyone know where, or if there is the option to set the bus of the PCIe lanes? I read that if you're going to be overclocking, that bus speed should be set to a constant so it doesn't increase with the FSB as you overclock. Also, if I take the battery out and put it back in, will my BIOS go back to how it came with the board?

Also, if I take the battery out and put it back in, will my BIOS go back to how it came with the board?
No. If you unplug the psu, take the battery out and default the CMOS jumper that will set the BIOS you have to default. In regards to the option that locks the PCIE frequency at Fixed, your BIOS may or may not have that option. Just search around in BIOS or read your MB manual to find if that is an available option.

jeb1517

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2007
Thanks for the help. If the option to set the pcie frequency isn't available, should i just assume it's increasing with the FSB? I looked through the manual online and couldn't find anything and last night i looked throughout the bios and couldn't find anything either so i don't think it has that option.

Yep. When you increase thye fsb, you take the rest of the system running on that bus right with it. Maybe missing that control won't matter much unless you are extreme with your fsb overclock. I suppose it will be a limiting factor where your best O'c is concerned.

Many times when you get to an extreme overclock, you have to set that PCIE frequency above 100 to get a stable higher clock. I'm not much into extreme overclocking, but I do have one MB I do this with to get my 805-D from 2.66 GHZ to 3.4 GHZ. Increase from 100 to 116 to 118 on the PCIE frequency control in BIOS does the trick. Otherwise I can't get the processor much over 3.0.