Correct Network Key for Outlook

Clark13

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
I have a secure wireless network for my house using network authentication WPA-PSK and data encryption TKIP and WPA and TKIP for the school's wireless. I use Outlook for my messages but I can't send messages from my house using Outlook. I have no problem sending emails from school. I want to know what settings do I need to change my home's network that will make it possible for me to send emails using Outlook. Whenever I try and send an email from my house, this is what the error message reads.

"Task 'Clark XXXXXXX - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'"

Any help would be appreciated!!!

G

It's not a wireless network problem, it's you outgoing SMTP server. Are you using the school's to send mail? If so, does it support SMTP authorization?

Grumpy

atortis

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
Hey Clark,
I was wondering how you solved that problem because I have the same one, but I cannot send or receive emails with outlook using my internet USB Key that I just purchased. Customer service told me that I need to configure outlook in order for it to connect to the internet using this key.
What do I do??
Thanks

Alex