IFX-14 found

NewbieTechGodII

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006

I was waiting (and waiting and waiting) forever for the IFX-14 to come out because I was either to going to get it or the Ultra 120 eXtreme.

Everybody knows the 120 is one kick-ass product and so far, nothing out there can really touch it in terms of cooling (not even your $500 water-cooled systems).

So, being tired of waiting, I wrote an email to a guy by the name of Wesley Fink. Wes does the comprehensive reviews of all new coolers at Anandtech. He said that Thermalright told him that they were revising the IFX, and he didn't know when it was coming out. However, he did state that he seriously doubted it could perform that much better than the 120 eXtreme. To go on further, he said that the 120 eXtreme bitched-slapped three coolers with TECs that he was currently reviewing.

Personally, I went with the 120 and haven't looked back. I was running an E6300 to 3.4GHz and seeing idle/load temps of (38C/51C) compared to the stock Intel HSF of 2.33GHz and 48C/63C. Pretty freakin' impressive.

EDIT: I just read the review of the IFX-14 from the link in the OP's thread. Wow- that thing (the IFX-14, not the OP), is SOOO UNIMPRESSIVE! Additionally, I think the article was poorly written, but getting past that, I'd like to point out a few things:

1. I ran the stock HSF at 100% at all times. I NEVER heard it (which is why I ran it so high).
2. The 120 eXtreme (at least the one in my system), achieves a higher OC with a higher ambient room temp and all at a lower temp. 'Nuff said I think.
3. With the E6300, I think that there is a barrier just below the 500MHz limit that it just won't cross, and inadequate cooling isn't the problem. I can get mine to 500MHz FSB, but Windows doesn't like it very much.

TRENDING THREADS