Sign in with
Your question

do I need nero

Last response: in Storage
August 25, 2007 7:16:44 PM

I have the following dvd installed - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-41678

I had this system rebuilt 3 years ago, and it had w2000 as OS.

Yesterday I installed (had a little help) a new HD and installed XP Pro. I remember that Nero was installed and had to use it if I wanted to burn a cd.

My questions - do I need to install Nero again in order to burn cd's?

also can anybody tell me what make this is?
I tried to google it and all I got was 2 websites in non-english.

I tried to update the driver, but MS had nothing. I also cannot ask the builder as he has left my area.

More about : nero

August 25, 2007 7:50:36 PM

ferlacher said:
I have the following dvd installed - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-41678

I had this system rebuilt 3 years ago, and it had w2000 as OS.

Yesterday I installed (had a little help) a new HD and installed XP Pro. I remember that Nero was installed and had to use it if I wanted to burn a cd.

My questions - do I need to install Nero again in order to burn cd's?

also can anybody tell me what make this is?
I tried to google it and all I got was 2 websites in non-english.

I tried to update the driver, but MS had nothing. I also cannot ask the builder as he has left my area.

Nero software is not included with Windows XP OS. You will have to purchase or obtain it seperately. If you want a free software to burn CD/DVDs this will do that, Deepburner can be downloaded here.

http://www.deepburner.com/?r=download

Quote:
I tried to update the driver, but MS had nothing.

What driver?

August 25, 2007 9:20:59 PM

The driver that is installed by the os. I went to the device manager and clicked update drive and ms came back as saying nothing available.

Still would like to know what make the dvd is.
Related resources
August 25, 2007 9:28:16 PM

Your drive is an LG. What driver are you trying to update? The driver for what from Microsoft?
August 25, 2007 11:27:50 PM

I was just wondering if there was a more recent driver available. I was not able to go out to the web site as I had no idea of its make and the property panel gave me no clue.

What make is LG? And what does LG stand for? A good dvd player?
August 25, 2007 11:35:32 PM

I ound the LG web site, and that dvd optical storage cannot be found. Could be because it is 3 yers old?
August 26, 2007 12:07:32 AM

Other old LG dvd's with similar numbers use standard XP drivers which should load automatically. The manufacuturer does not provide a proprietary driver - they just use the MS drivers.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
August 29, 2009 9:33:29 AM

Hi, No, You Don't Need To Install Nero Again Because First Of All It Take A Big Chunk Of Your Memory Up And You Can Uuse Microsoft Windows Media Player To Burn, Rip And Listen To Music. Hope Your New Computer Is Working Fine !

Hope This Helped !
Joseph
August 29, 2009 3:06:45 PM

Joseph - you responded to a thread that was inactive for over 2 years. I am guessing the originator solved his problem a long time ago.
!