p5n32-sli + tr ultra 120 xtreme+pentium D 830 = my pain

mobom

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2007
After installing TR ultra 120 extreme on my p5n32-sli deluxe I can't start the computer. I plugged the fan into the cpu fan. At start up i get cpu fan error message and then as soon as the windows logo comes up the monitor seems to turn off and nothing. Do i need a special adapter to make the fan 4 pin for the cpu fan plug in? The fan btw is 800 rpm, however this was bought as a paired buy from a reputable on line shop so i assume is not the problem. What's the workaround? Thanks much!

mobom

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2007

Okay..did it but cpu fan error message is still coming on and the os does not load, monitor goes to sleep :cry:

mobom

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2007
I just ran head first into my bookshelf to give myself pain so i can remember not to make such a stupid mistake again. My 7800 gt has a dual plug which has been configured for the tv set. Apparently i was plugged into a [bad] tv configuration....that's why monitor was not responding. Replugged in the other socket and hotdamn! it works. Still get the fan error message from some american megatrend software utility or something. Don't care though because cpu is running at 30C idle (way better than the stock cooler 52 c at idle). I am going to wait until winter and unplug all fans to see if i can go fanless. I am too afraid to try it with summer temps around here. Thnks ...