Sign in with
Your question

Top Ad Blockers of 2011

Last response: in Applications
January 5, 2012 1:17:20 PM

Well folks, another year has come and gone, and I think it's time for a general population consensus from the every-day power user like yourself!

What, in your opinion, is (or are) the top ad blockers of 2011? I'd love to know what you used, what you found to be useful/effective, etc.

I'll start.

I've used Ad muncher in combination with Adblock Plus (Firefox extension), and never had a problem. I'm sure one is capable of handling all adds but I use double protection, just in case ;) 

So what do you guys use? Free programs or paid programs? Let's hear it :) 

More about : top blockers 2011

January 5, 2012 3:04:16 PM

Firefox with Adblock Plus + No script,is a winning combo!
m
l
January 6, 2012 7:49:27 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Firefox with Adblock Plus + No script,is a winning combo!

Amen to that!
m
l
Related resources
January 6, 2012 9:16:39 PM

Just installed Noscript for the first time, so basically it just disables all scripts on all pages?
m
l
January 7, 2012 2:04:00 AM

agpbiohazard said:
Just installed Noscript for the first time, so basically it just disables all scripts on all pages?

Or u can exempt them from being blocked : )

Agree with Adblock Plus + No script!

And for the non extension, the best is Ad Muncher!
m
l
March 4, 2012 2:35:39 PM

I want to know about Ad blockers?What are Ad blockers and what is their purpose?Plz explain.
m
l
March 5, 2012 5:53:45 AM

An Ad blocker is software that you install on your computer for the purpose of blocking ads, popups, or other annoying scripts.

For example, if you visit a video hosting site such as youtube, you may get advertisements on the page or in the video. With a good ad blocker, these do not show up.

As discussed in this thread, the best choices based on a few people's opinions seem to be Adblock plus, Ad Muncher and NoScript.

Please use a search engine such as google.com to search for more information on these programs and how to install them.
m
l
March 5, 2012 12:30:16 PM

agpbiohazard said:
An Ad blocker is software that you install on your computer for the purpose of blocking ads, popups, or other annoying scripts.

For example, if you visit a video hosting site such as youtube, you may get advertisements on the page or in the video. With a good ad blocker, these do not show up.

As discussed in this thread, the best choices based on a few people's opinions seem to be Adblock plus, Ad Muncher and NoScript.

Please use a search engine such as google.com to search for more information on these programs and how to install them.

Thanks alot for your guidance.
m
l
December 14, 2012 5:50:03 PM

Diladele Web Safety is also very good. Takes less resources than AdMuncher and supports HTTP 1.1, compression
m
l
December 15, 2012 2:09:01 AM

agpbiohazard said:
Well folks, another year has come and gone, and I think it's time for a general population consensus from the every-day power user like yourself!

What, in your opinion, is (or are) the top ad blockers of 2011? I'd love to know what you used, what you found to be useful/effective, etc.

I'll start.

I've used Ad muncher in combination with Adblock Plus (Firefox extension), and never had a problem. I'm sure one is capable of handling all adds but I use double protection, just in case ;) 

So what do you guys use? Free programs or paid programs? Let's hear it :) 

:hello: 

Kindly I ask your attention. :) 

I use AdBlocker and NoScript too and use WOT for reputation. :D 
I wish they had an FlashBlocker too, like Maxthon has. :( 

You like free pay software, try:

:love: 
www.GiveawayOfTheDay.com

Once in a while they do extra's, like twice a day and/or a game and/or for Mac users.
Be aware, you have to install it before the time offer is over. Some however, let you unzip and give the license key sepparate and maby you can install it again.

And one (and me) of the members put a free software update ad the forum Software.

So, enjoy! :D 

:D  Best Hollydays & Best Wishes 2013! :D 
m
l
!