wake up from stand by

Why does my system keep waking up from standby?

Win xp
3 answers Last reply
More about wake stand

    1. Wake on LAN - bios setting

    2. Wake on ring - bios setting

    3. Cat on keyboard - they do it for spite (-:

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    "JHI" <jhi88@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Why does my system keep waking up from standby?
    >
    > Win xp

    zero help
    > 1. Wake on LAN - bios setting
    >
    > 2. Wake on ring - bios setting
    >
    > 3. Cat on keyboard - they do it for spite (-:
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    >
    > If you knew as much as you thought you know,
    >

    > "JHI" <jhi88@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    >> Why does my system keep waking up from standby?
    >>
    >> Win xp

    My internet / network connection was waking my computer. I went into
    Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, Network
    Adapters to find my ethernet device. Right click on the device, go to
    Properties, Power Management then de-select "Allow this device to bring
    the computer out of standby". You can do the same for other devices
    including modem, keyboard and mouse. Cheers, adnjay.

    -

    --
    adnjay

Microsoft Windows XP