Dead audio (line out) on ABIT AB9 Pro

alohavoya

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2007
Hi everyone,

Just found out my mobo fried an audio line out connection (actually all audio out lines do not seem to work). Tried replacing the speakers and tried with headphones and that did not solve the problem. Tried the existing speakers on the other machine and they are working right. So must be the connection or the entire integrated audio subsystem.

Any suggestions?

Mobo is Abit AB9 Pro so kinda pissy about that. Should have lasted waaay longer. And the trick is I have not messed with changing the speakers at all. Since install (7 months ago) had only Altec lansing ATP3 connected to it).

Return is not really an option as I had it ordered from overseas (in relation to my current location) so that might prove to be costly in time and $.

Any input is appreciated.

Aloha yall

alohavoya

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2007
Forgot to mention following:

I checked Device manager and got all clear message

"Realtek
Location 65535 (Internal High Definition Audio Bus)

This device is working properly.
If you are having problems with this device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter."

Ran through troubleshooter w/o resolving the issue.

Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Driver Date: 5/4/2006
Driver Version: 5.10.0.5253

utaka95

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Go download Realtek's driver pack and try installing that, should be up to WDM 399 or something like that. If that doesn't help you'll need a soundcard or a new board.

The_OGS

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Hi,
My AB9 Pro is showing Realtek audio version 5.10.0.5390 right now.
But the point is, your audio worked okay for months now - what has happened/changed to make it stop at this time?
I suspect a configuration/setup or software problem... hopefully :^)
I can tell you that the drivers for the onboard audio are a bit 'fussy' and perhaps they have become glitched or whatever.
A brand-new OS installation could solve all your problems (including some others, LoL) or at worst, drop a coupla bucks on a nice sound card from the big brand-name. Shouldn't cost too much, and no more 'Micro$oft GS Wavetable SW Synth'.
Anyway, good luck.
Regards