What is comming out in the next few months?

antonwalker

Distinguished
May 6, 2007
Um I am thinking of buying a PC but maybe by christmas time. So I want to be reasured that this stuff is coming out then.

X38 in late july or august

G90 Q4 2007

Penryn have no clue. In Q4???

So I was wondering if this stuff would come out by christmas time? Thanx in advance. :sol:

dt

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004
eh, if you want good prices... buy a pc after christmas time. sales drop.

best times to buy pc's are spring and august ( depending on which parts you need)

X38 in September

Penryn in December, the US$ 999 version (Quad Extreme 3.33 GHz). (From article on THG on Friday, I think) Just guessing here that the Canadian price will be around C$1180 (based on the current QX6700 price at my local shop, which by the way sells Q6600 for C$290 today :lol: ).

G90 between Thanksgiving and Christmas (from one of their VPs in June).

The cheaper CPUs and GPUs will follow in the spring.

No idea if the G90 will need PCI 2.0. Personally I don't expect it to because it would make it harder to sell, nVidia wouldn't want that. My impression is that PCI-E 1.1 is nowhere near its limits right now anyway.

X38 will have 2 PCI-E 16x slots, allowing (officially) CrossFire and (unofficially) SLI.

X38 will support PCI-E 2.0 officially, while P35 does it unofficially (this hasn't actually been confirmed yet, just some articles so far).

antonwalker

Distinguished
May 6, 2007
Ty

I read that the G90 was going to be a midrange card!??!? And I don't meed SLI or crossfire.

I also read penryn is going to be mobile CPU's B4 it goes desktop?

Well, they promised a high-end card at the end of this year, and they can call it whatever they please, I still want it. :lol: Yeah, G90 will be something between 8600 and 8800 GTS AFAIK. The really nice card will probably be called G9x for a while.

No clue about mobile... I've seen articles about a a 3.33 GHz quad for desktop at $999 and about a 3.16 GHz Xeon at $1199 (and a bunch of cheaper Penryns). Kudos to Intel if they can also have a mobile version this year, I don't care but it would be nice, sure. Just feeling sorry for AMD if Intel manages that too...