Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4 motherboard problems

jlfutari

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2007
Hi All,
I have a annoying preoblem with my Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4 motherboard.
The problem only occurs when the computer is booting. During the boot my motherboard is unable to find any of teh IDE drive and it incorrectly identifys my SATA drive(which has my OS on it). As a result it computer just hangs. I can get into the Bios, but this does not help. Usually I just keep re-booting the computer, until (magically!) all of the HDD's are recognised and Vista loads. The above problem only occurs in 2 situations - 1. when I have had my computer off and unplugged from the wall for a long period. 2. if the electiricty from the power company is interrupted briefly.
I have the lastest bois from Gigabyte installed.
my config
Athlon x2 3800
Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4 motherboard
3gb Kingston 667mmhz DDR2 ram
Asus 7600 video
x2 IDE HDD's (seagate)
x1 sata HDD (seagate)

Any ideas/help would be appreciated
:)

James

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
I'd try a new battery, it's possible the it's going bad. Also check the BIOS for anything having to do with how the should handle crashes

john5438

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
Your problem is serious than mine! My computer were lost time count when the CMOS's battery going out of power. I had check that battery's charge voltage is only 2.6~2.8V, it dosn't enought to let the battery keep charging and when the AC power is off then the chip of CMOS seemed to use lots of power the it should be!
I had change another 3.6V 300mA NiCd battery for that but still can't lest longer enough!
It looks need another charge circuit for that! I suggest you change the Battery to a rechargeable one too, maybe can solve your problem.