What is the best P35 chipset motherboard out there? DDR2 only

keplenk

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2007
Hi,

I'm planning to build a new system soon. I'm kinda confused of what motherboard brand should I buy for this system. Two things are certain, (1) it should have the p35 chipset and (2) supports ddr2 memory only (I'm not thinking of using ddr3 for now). I know that there was article made about p35 mobo comparisons (Eight p35 mobo compared), but I need to know from actual users who uses it without OCing or pimping it (just stock speed). The PC will be used for general purposes only (maybe a little bit of gaming).

Thank you very much.

keplenk

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2007
Thanks for the quick replies.. I might go for GIGABYTE P35 DS3R or DS3P (for firewire and possible crossfire configuration in the future) ...

But before I do that, what are your thoughts about MSI P35 Platinum ..

The way I see it, it has ESATA and GIGABYTE P35 DS3R does not.

Since I'm not planning to OverClock .. is MSI P35 Platinum a stable board at stock speed?

Cheers!

Spikke

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
I love my DS3R with the E6850. I have always had excellent results and stability with Gigabyte boards. I haven't gotten around to overclocking it yet, but I have no doubts it will do fine in the oc'ing department.

newton316

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2007

i agree - im about to get one by the end of sep, will it still be good or should i considering looking up new ones?