Sign in with
Your question

NEED HELP with new software for Graphics Card.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 25, 2007 3:39:32 PM

I have an 8600M GT 256 MB on my laptop, and when I connect it to my TV via HDMI(and it never fits perfectly), there isn't this one option in the nVIDIA control panel to adjust screen size(HELP says it should be there), so I decided to get this new driver that improves it.
.24_2.html ]http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvi [...] .24_2.html

However, it won't let me install it for laptops, it says to get new software for graphics cards, it must be from the laptop company itself. So I went to Acer to get it, but they were giving the same software version of the one I already had, and I didn't want to redownload it because then it would reset everything and wouldn't change anything. So is my laptop so futuristic that there hasn't been software released yet? How can I improve my current control panel/graphics card?

More about : software graphics card

July 25, 2007 4:40:31 PM

And what is stopping you from adjusting resolution in display properties (assuming that's what you mean by "Screen size")
July 25, 2007 5:48:35 PM

xela said:
And what is stopping you from adjusting resolution in display properties (assuming that's what you mean by "Screen size")

It says that in the category labeled Video and Television, there should be an option called Adjust Screen and Size. It's not there at all, thats what's stopping me. So I need to download another nVIDIA driver or something, more software that will allow my control panel to work. I'll probably end up calling Acer, hopefuly they can help, though if someone here knwos the problem that'd be nice if they could tell me.
!