Recycle Bin Problems

June 30, 2005 2:36:02 AM

When I double click and open up my Recycle bin, the items are instantly
removed. The issue is if I accidently delete something I will not be able to
restore it. Any settings I can review to fix this. I have tried the
properties of the Recycle Bin..

More about : recycle bin problems

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 9:48:31 AM

Hi,

Right click the Recycle Bin, which line is in BOLD text (indicates the
default action for a double click). If "Empty the Recycle Bin" is the
answer, then you need to change it. Try the edit on line 64 here:

Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"samd" <samd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I double click and open up my Recycle bin, the items are instantly
> removed. The issue is if I accidently delete something I will not be able
> restore it. Any settings I can review to fix this. I have tried the
> properties of the Recycle Bin..
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 2:27:29 PM

"samd" <samd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I double click and open up my Recycle bin, the items are instantly
>removed. The issue is if I accidently delete something I will not be able to
>restore it. Any settings I can review to fix this. I have tried the
>properties of the Recycle Bin..

Reset the Bin: set the size to "0" via the Properties and then boot to
the Safe Mode and delete all the RECYCLER folders on your drives.
Restart Windows and set up the Bin again.
"A Description of the Safe Boot Mode Options in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315222)

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233