Overclocking Temperature Problems

k1ngkong

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
I've read a couple different threads and have yet to find an answer. Which program properly reads the Core 2 Duo temperatures? Im running an E4400 running SLA3F L2 Stepping @ 2.4 GHZ, w/ a Tuniq Tower on a Gigabyte P35 DS3L MB.

Idle Reading
Temps.JPG

100% TAT Load Reading
overclockedtemps.JPG

This was my first overclock and first aftermarket cpu cooler. I used thermal paste that came w/ the cooler. Did no lapping... yet.

htwingnut

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2007
I'm curious about the same thing. Your TAT seems to register more reasonable which is usually a lot lower than actual. I'd like to know what is a good C2D temperature monitor as well. It seems the temps in the BIOS are spot on for idle, but can't seem to find any program that will read the temps that the BIOS is reporting

localcpuguy

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2007
When you reboot your computer, check your BIOS temps (they should give a ball-park figure on idle temps), then compare it with the temps you are getting from these programs and see which is closest. That may give you a better idea as to which is more accurate.

graysky

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
Don't trust TAT - it is out dated and designed for mobile processors. Have you tried coretemp? I don't have any experience with your chip and speedfan/rmclock so I can't speak for them. Coretemp and RMClock have always read my q6600 temps correctly. Speedfan for my processor is too cold by 15 °C.