Help with Drivers updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaneydien

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
I just wanted to see if anyone could give me some advice on drivers updates. I have downloaded a few "free" driver up-daters in the past that have indicated that there are drivers on my system that need to be update and offer to do so if I buy the product.

I am wondering, are their any truly free alternatives. If so what are they?
If there are no free alternatives, which of the paid for versions are actually trustworthy?

I have been told by games a few times that my graphics card drivers are out of date however when I runt he manual scan they come up as current (though the date on the properties window says 2008!). Anyone have advice?

Solution
You can update your driver from ATI by going HERE and selecting notebook graphics, mobility HD3XXX, and your Operating system.

edit: my bad you said notebook -- the latest update is 9/28/2010, they direct you to the OEM sites. What is your laptop brand and model?

Uninstall the current driver before installing the new one.

RealBeast

Titan
If everything is working well, you don't need any updates. Most likely you will just end up with problems. What model is the video card?

Don't pay for any driver updating software -- you can download individual updates as needed for free from the manufacturer of the computer or specific device.

edit: and welcome to the forums! :)

kaneydien

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Thanks for the response. The graphics card on my laptop is ATI Radeon HD 3200. The driver date is 10/12/2008 and the driver version is 8.563.0.0.

The main reason I am looking into this is that I recently installed Star Trek Online and it is saying that I appear to be running an older video card driver.

RealBeast

Titan
You can update your driver from ATI by going HERE and selecting notebook graphics, mobility HD3XXX, and your Operating system.

edit: my bad you said notebook -- the latest update is 9/28/2010, they direct you to the OEM sites. What is your laptop brand and model?

Uninstall the current driver before installing the new one.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS