EV700

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
First, what's the difference between these cards (which would be better for gaming (Vista 64-bit)):

■X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102014

■X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102005

■X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102189
(This one isn't even listed on Creative's website and is out of stock. Typo?)

Second, how in the world do you use headphones with these things? I have Sennheiser headphones, they have the pink and green connections for headset and microphone.

EV700

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007

4745454b

Titan
I thought you knew that/could live with that seeing as you posted X-fi cards. I believe CL will eventually get hardware support working in some form, but the question is when. Considering the memory issues with Vista right now, I'd stay with XP. Moving to Vista only seems like a headache right now.

chedrz

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
Technically, the Xtreme Audio isn't even a "real" X-Fi, since it's just a rebadged Audigy SE (Wikipedia it, you'll see).

MattyMustng

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2007
I have a Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty, not to be confused with the mere XtremeGamer. I run Windows Vista and have installed Vista 64 bit several times. The Creative drivers do in fact now work in 64 bit Vista, for both the Fatal1ty and XtremeMusic. There is a major difference between the XtremeMusic and higher and the XtremeGamer/XtremeAudio. I consider the latter two to not really even be X-Fi's. All cards titled X-Fi were always gold plated and had superior audio processing. The XtremeMusic is a fine card, but the Fatal1ty is the best card for gaming. It has XRAM which is actually supported by some games to boost performance. Even if it isn't, you get the added advantage of removing some of your RAM's processing (only 64mb though). The Fatal1ty is a fine choice for any gamer, and it is what I have run for the past 10 months or so on Vista. The Elite Pro is a waste of money for a gamer, but a good choice for audio creationists. Go with the XtremeGamer Fatal1ty. Usually headphones plug into your speaker controls, but you can also use front panel of the computer or if you really want you can plug into the actual card. I usually just plug into my speaker controls which is what is most common.

EV700

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007

Excellent information. Now I need to figure out how to give you like 5 million rank points! :lol:

Ancalagon_uk

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Anything more than Xfi Gamer or Xfi music is just a waste of money. they are just milking you. my xfi gamer is awesome, I use vista 64 and some speedlink medusa 5.1 headphones (which are awesome).

alchemy works fine, FEAR showed a speed increase when I turned it on and turned on advanced audio options that I previously couldnt (ie EAX 2 etc).

libelula5

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
my xfi gamer is awesome, I use vista 64 and some speedlink medusa 5.1 headphones (which are awesome).

I can 2nd that, if you are going for the card you should really get some 5.1 phones and the Medusa's are the best out there at the moment.

If you play games then get them, you will not be disappointed.