Sign in with
Your question

D-Link WDA-2320 Code 31 Error - PLEASE HELP!

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 28, 2008 6:42:19 PM

I have the D-Link WDA-2320 (H/W Ver.: A2, F/W Ver.: 1.20) and Windows Vista Home Premium X64. I can install the drivers but it gives me a Code 31 error and says "The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)." Please help me as this is really giving me a headache and I don't want to RMA or return this product, I just want it to work.
a b \ Driver
November 29, 2008 8:49:47 AM

The D-Link 2320 works great with Vista 64, I have three. If you are having trouble loading the driver (use the lastest Vista 64 driver from the product web page). Try uninstalling the driver. Then go into Safe Mode and install the proper driver from there.
November 29, 2008 3:35:24 PM

badge said:
The D-Link 2320 works great with Vista 64, I have three. If you are having trouble loading the driver (use the lastest Vista 64 driver from the product web page). Try uninstalling the driver. Then go into Safe Mode and install the proper driver from there.

Ok so I should download the latest driver (1.20) from the website.. Use device manager to uninstall the driver of the unrecognized device and uninstall the program using add/remove programs.. Restart computer.. Use safe mode and try to see if it works?

Question: In safe mode do I install the driver using the "Found New Hardware" or install using the "setup.exe" that I downloaded from the drivers?

If this doesn't work what should I do?
!