  • Microsoft
  • Virus
  • Windows XP
June 30, 2005 5:23:02 AM

what can i do to remove the virus trojan from my computer?

More about : advice info

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 9:35:58 AM

Hi,

Free virus removal tools:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/8/lng/us/tpl/v5/nid/3001#30...
http://www.f-secure.com/download-purchase/tools.shtml

Also, you may use this free on-line scanner:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Symantec also distributes many free removal tools that are virus-specific if
you know the name:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.lis...

I would strongly suggest that you work in Safe mode to facilitate an easier
removal. How to start in Safe mode:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"devilracer_69" <devilracer_69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> what can i do to remove the virus trojan from my computer?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 1:33:10 PM

Hi

Do you know the name of the virus that has infected your system? Try an
online scan for a second opinion:

http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan/com/ac...

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"devilracer_69" <devilracer_69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> what can i do to remove the virus trojan from my computer?
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 2:28:13 PM

"devilracer_69" <devilracer_69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>what can i do to remove the virus trojan from my computer?

Depends on the kind of virus/trojan. See "Computer Viruses:
Description, Prevention, and Recovery"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=129972) and "List of Antivirus
Software Vendors" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=49500). Also
download and use Ad-aware (http://www.lavasoft.com) for to find