Massive problems with ASUS P5B Premium Vista Edition & TWIN2X2048 - G

cohenx

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
Hiya guys,

I am testing around for about 2 days now and I'm pretty desperated at the moment. To be honest, I dont exactly know if the problem is close to the memory chips, because I can't really confine it.

The following problem with a new PC (bought components myself):

*Installing Windows XP Pro SP2*
- PC stops while copying "driver.cab" @ 13 %
- PC resets during installation
- Sometimes I get bluescreens while installing with totally different error codes
- Some serious error messages force installation stop

*Installing Windows Vista Ultimate Edition 32bit*
- Sometimes I get bluescreens while installing with totally different error codes
- Some serious error messages force installation stop

*My Configuration*

Motherboard: ASUS P5B Premium Vista Edition
Motherboard BIOS Revision : v02.58

Grafic Controller: ASUS EN8800GTS

Chip: Intel, Socket 775, Core 2 Duo E6750, 2x 2.67GHz

DIMMs: Corsair DIMM XMS2 Kit2048MB PC2-800 DDR2 5-5-5-12
Capacity: TWIN2X2048 (1 DIMM = 1024MB)

HDD: Samsung, SpinPoint T166 500GB 16MB SATA II

DVD: Samsung, SH-S183L DVD-(Re)Writer SATA

Thank you for your efforts,
Martin Huber
Salzburg, Austria

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Your restarts could be caused by ram not making good contact with the dimm slots, It happened to me once or twice. Turn off PC then unplug PSU, take your ram out and put it back in. If its not that then do you have other ram you could put in just for testing? Also sometimes its just a loose wire from your PSU, try wiggling your cables around a little or unplug then plug back in. Thats also happened to me. Good luck.

cohenx

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
EDIT:
Managed to install Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit without crash. When it boots first time I can only decide between SAFE Mode or NORMAL Mode.
NORMAL Mode: Screen stays black.
SAFE MODE: freeze @ loading crcdriver, bluescreen after 1 minute[/COLOR]

EDIT2:
Could it be a Power Supply Problem ? I got 4 x 120 mm fans in the Antec case and a 500W Anteq Basiq PSU

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
If it crashes again try resetting the Cmos, that just helped me out with a stability problem. I put new memory in cause my memory went bad after two months and I was getting errors in Orthos after only 4 hours to a few minutes so I reset Cmos a have currently 18 hours no errors. Give that a try.

cohenx

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
Thank you a lot for your comments.

I drove to a local computer laboratory and we tested each component. After changing all components only the CPU was left from my old system and there was still no monitor signal. I couldn't believe my eyes but it really was a Intel CPU error.

I replaced the Intel CPU in my old components and everything works fine now. There is no mechanical damage. I dont know exactly if there was an overheating, but I never changed voltages or/and MhZ in BIOS except Memory Voltage and FSB Speed (downgrade).

with best regards,
Martin Huber

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006

Well I have to say that this is the first time I have ever heard that a bad Intel was the cause. Its like getting stuck by lightening.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
raise the voltage stock 5-5-5-12 is the lowest form of ram made

you need to decrease the fsb and/or increase the stock voltage

run it at 2-2.05v

not the stock 1.8v

check the mobo true memory voltage it may be low too