Blackberry 7520 Question

January 26, 2005 2:08:36 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

I have a few questions about the Blackberry 7520. I called literally 10
different Nextel locations in the DFW area and got several different
answers. How can a company have a sales force that knows virtually
nothing about the product they are selling?

ANYWAY… Is it possible to go to regular websites on the 7520, or is it
just text only? I am a construction contractor and I need the capability

of seeing live weather radar so I can tell when rain is coming through,
a page like Intellicast.com for example. Will the WebViewer program
enable me to do this? Or do I need to just get a wireless laptop
connection and forget about a Blackberry? The email would be really
handy though, would I be able to open up and edit and send Excel
spreadsheets on it?

I have been told by Nextel sales people yes definitely, maybe, no, I
don’t know, I will call you back, that’s a good question, and a few
others. Of the two that said they would call me back I never heard from
them again.

It’s too bad everyone in my industry uses Nextel direct connect.
Otherwise I would have changed a long time ago.

Thanks in advance!
January 27, 2005 12:48:51 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Ask on http://www.blackberryforums.com

Its not bad for help...

"Ted" <txguy972@aol.com> wrote in message news:41F6D172.3D5356E7@aol.com...
>I have a few questions about the Blackberry 7520. I called literally 10
> different Nextel locations in the DFW area and got several different
> answers. How can a company have a sales force that knows virtually
> nothing about the product they are selling?
>
> ANYWAY. Is it possible to go to regular websites on the 7520, or is it
> just text only? I am a construction contractor and I need the capability
>
> of seeing live weather radar so I can tell when rain is coming through,
> a page like Intellicast.com for example. Will the WebViewer program
> enable me to do this? Or do I need to just get a wireless laptop
> connection and forget about a Blackberry? The email would be really
> handy though, would I be able to open up and edit and send Excel
> spreadsheets on it?
>
> I have been told by Nextel sales people yes definitely, maybe, no, I
> don't know, I will call you back, that's a good question, and a few
> others. Of the two that said they would call me back I never heard from
> them again.
>
> It's too bad everyone in my industry uses Nextel direct connect.
> Otherwise I would have changed a long time ago.
>
> Thanks in advance!

February 11, 2005 10:31:30 AM

Richard wrote:
> Ask on http://www.blackberryforums.com
>
> Its not bad for help...
>
> "Ted" <txguy972@aol.com> wrote in message
> >I have a few questions about the Blackberry 7520. I called literally
10
> > different Nextel locations in the DFW area and got several
different
> > answers. How can a company have a sales force that knows virtually
> > nothing about the product they are selling?
> >
> > ANYWAY. Is it possible to go to regular websites on the 7520, or is
it
> > just text only? I am a construction contractor and I need the
capability

> > of seeing live weather radar so I can tell when rain is coming
through,
> > a page like Intellicast.com for example. Will the WebViewer program
> > enable me to do this? Or do I need to just get a wireless laptop
> > connection and forget about a Blackberry? The email would be really
> > handy though, would I be able to open up and edit and send Excel
> > spreadsheets on it?
> >
> > I have been told by Nextel sales people yes definitely, maybe, no,
> > don't know, I will call you back, that's a good question, and a few
> > others. Of the two that said they would call me back I never heard
from
> > them again.
> >
> > It's too bad everyone in my industry uses Nextel direct connect.
> > Otherwise I would have changed a long time ago.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!

Hi Richard,

I support a lot of Blackberry's in my company. What you need is to load
the desk top software on your PC and allow it to sync. The software
will install the "Blackberry Browser" on to your Blackberry and this
will allow you view most pages. Please be advised that JAVA support is
weak at best and there are no plugins to support Flash ect. I hope this
helps U.
!