Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Opening a Folder

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 12:59:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

When I open a folder, the Seacrh window automatically opens. I have displayed
(right-clicked) the 'My Documents' folder and OPEN is emphasized. But when I
open other folders, SEARCH is emphasize. I do not want to go to a search
window, instead, just open the folder and display all folders/files that are
contained. Can you help me in changing the way my folders open (and not to
open with the Search window coming up).

Help

More about : opening folder

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 9:13:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi

Please try the following link to Kelly's web site:

Line 18 - right hand side
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups


"SunMaiden" <SunMaiden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:226E7BBA-30AD-42B3-B722-8C707F53BDB9@microsoft.com...
> When I open a folder, the Seacrh window automatically opens. I have
> displayed
> (right-clicked) the 'My Documents' folder and OPEN is emphasized. But
> when I
> open other folders, SEARCH is emphasize. I do not want to go to a search
> window, instead, just open the folder and display all folders/files that
> are
> contained. Can you help me in changing the way my folders open (and not to
> open with the Search window coming up).
>
> Help
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 9:13:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Will,

Thanks for the input. I went to the Web site, and there is lots of
information there, but more importantly, I was able to find the solution to
my problem (I had to change some Regedt32.exe data.

Thanks!

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please try the following link to Kelly's web site:
>
> Line 18 - right hand side
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
>
> "SunMaiden" <SunMaiden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:226E7BBA-30AD-42B3-B722-8C707F53BDB9@microsoft.com...
> > When I open a folder, the Seacrh window automatically opens. I have
> > displayed
> > (right-clicked) the 'My Documents' folder and OPEN is emphasized. But
> > when I
> > open other folders, SEARCH is emphasize. I do not want to go to a search
> > window, instead, just open the folder and display all folders/files that
> > are
> > contained. Can you help me in changing the way my folders open (and not to
> > open with the Search window coming up).
> >
> > Help
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 12:56:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

This problem occurs when you alter the "Drive" / "File Folders" entries via
File Types dialog, to add a "Command Prompt here" or "Print Directory"
feature for folders. (example)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

Resolution:

Click Start/Run and type this command to fix this problem:
(Tip from David Candy)

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

-or-

To fix this manually via registry:

If this problem is seen for Drives:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
Set (default) to "none" (without ")

If this problem is seen for folders:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell]
Set (default) to "none" (without ")



--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...


"SunMaiden" <SunMaiden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0E8EA849-3512-4BF2-B5FA-AB6C1C49E53A@microsoft.com...
> Will,
>
> Thanks for the input. I went to the Web site, and there is lots of
> information there, but more importantly, I was able to find the solution
> to
> my problem (I had to change some Regedt32.exe data.
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Please try the following link to Kelly's web site:
>>
>> Line 18 - right hand side
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>
>>
>> "SunMaiden" <SunMaiden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:226E7BBA-30AD-42B3-B722-8C707F53BDB9@microsoft.com...
>> > When I open a folder, the Seacrh window automatically opens. I have
>> > displayed
>> > (right-clicked) the 'My Documents' folder and OPEN is emphasized. But
>> > when I
>> > open other folders, SEARCH is emphasize. I do not want to go to a
>> > search
>> > window, instead, just open the folder and display all folders/files
>> > that
>> > are
>> > contained. Can you help me in changing the way my folders open (and not
>> > to
>> > open with the Search window coming up).
>> >
>> > Help
>>
>>
>>
!