Is there any way to fix my Hard Drives??

NeonBlackJack

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
Hey everyone,

Last night I went through the process of making a clean install of Windows Vista, and I sectioned off a 100GB partition on my 500GB RAID 0 array made up of 2 250GB Western Digital harddrives. I then went back to install Windows XP on the smaller partition, and I managed to format the harddrive, but then remembered I needed to get the RAID drivers on a disk before I could finish the installation, as I've lost the disk that came with my EVGA 680i Nforce board. Making the disk went smoothly, but when I went back in for my second attempt at installation, the partition formatted VERY slowly. I realized it would not be finished for hours, and so I went to bed. When I woke up, there was a message saying no drives could be found, and my Harddrives appeared to be dead! When I opened the case, an Antec P180, I realized that the fan in the harddrive compartment as well as the rear fan had stopped working as well. I tried every combination I could think of to see if at least one of the drives would be recognized, but when I run the Vista install disk. No drives are ever recognized... :cry: What can I do? Am I going to need to just order a brand new drive? :(

Thanks in advance,
Jack