Sign in with
Your question

Core 2 duo optimum temperature, what's good?

Last response: in CPUs
July 24, 2007 2:15:31 AM

I finally got my hsf seated right, and now temps have lowered by twenty degrees. Just so I know that all is running right, what is optimum temperature for an e6600 during things like gaming, web browsing and just doing nothing?

As I type, I have 6 tabs open on Netscape, fraps and itunes running, and core temp is reading 36c on both cores. Is this nice and cool for the stock hsf? Just checking- let me know.

Thanks

Edit: What is the more accurate temperature monitor: speedfan, Intel TAT, or Core temp? Jw, because core temp and TAT give different readings at the same time.

July 24, 2007 8:36:02 AM

I use speedfan, and don't know about the others.
The great thing about speedfan is it will draw you a graph of your system and cpu temps, so you can see what your CPU is reaching while gaming.

I think 36 with stock HSF is pretty good.

I get 29-30 at idle and peak at 40 when gaming, with AC freezer 7 pro HSF and a total of 3 case fans.
Speedfan is set to manage the fan speeds and have the fans on a minimum of 35% and a maximum of 85%. Nice and quiet most of the time.
I became obsessed with temperatures recently and believe this to be as good as I can get with my current case.
!