2005 Acer Aspire 5100/Windows XP media center edition/Vista ready

Can you help me fix my Acer?

• Total voters

Stacey G

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
Hi everyone, my name is Stacey Gatti and I'm a 21 year old female who loves computers but is just too blond (even though my hair is dyed black), to really know anything knowledgeable to get me by. That is why I am here to ask you guys this question because I know you men know your computers and that is hot!

I have an Acer, I know, I know what the hell am I doing with an Acer? Well, I love my Acer and sorry but it's what I have for now and I love it hehe. Anyway, my question is why is it going so slow? Every time I turn it on and it loads it takes forever and not only that, the tune that comes on when windows starts, it sounds scratchy and skips allot maybe due to how slow my computer is going. I did a scan and cleaned everything up even did a disk clean if that helped any??? I then went to run 'msconfig' and went to the start up tab and unchecked everything except my firewall I restarted my computer and it went a bit faster but still nothing?

Why does this Acer have a C drive and D drive?? What is the difference and is that good to have two with only close to 900mb ram, (889)???? Can a reboot of my computer do some good?? I really don't want to spend any money because I have school to worry about with paying my bills and well daddy thinks I am not doing so well because I party more than I study, which isn't true I just like expensive clothes and makeup hehe.

Back to the point, my computer is going very slow and if anyone can help me please help, I came onto this site and this forum because someone recommended it and told me it was a great place to get the best answers for computers and it's components!!

Can anyone help a young and very very attractive hot blond gone black in college???

Thank you to all you computer geniuses because honestly every girl knows a hot guy is a guy with a bigger brain than ego! I freaking love you computer guys it's so hot just to see them at work, muah!!!

Stacey Gatti
just another Czech Italian girl looking for help!!

Put on some hot pants and a bikini top and download and run these on your hot little laptop.

Try a Registry cleaner and a disk defragmenter.

http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm

http://majorgeeks.com/Auslogics_Disk_Defrag_d5266.html

natc9

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007

Lethe

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
Hi :D, unlucky for me i am having the exact same problem as you since last year (AND I HAVE THE EXACT SAME LAPTOP), but i didn't have time to repair it. Now i was looking at the computer like 2 or 3 weeks ago and seemed that it has a lot of problems reading, formating or booting from de hard drive, so i'm mostly aiming for changing my computer's hard drive, that or the IC that control s the hard drvive but i won't be able t repair it if it's that, well i hope that you have solved your problem and i really hope to solve mine so please contact me if you by any chance solved your problem that way or any way. It's kinda relieving and nice to know someone who is or was trough the same experiences. Bye.