where the heck is Windows Media Player for PPC???!?!?

January 27, 2005 1:36:28 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Why is this app no longer available on windows' web site? I would very
much like to install WMP on ppc. All my friends that have a ppc say
their ppc came with it, but mine didn't!

If it's just not out there, can someone recommend a good substitute?
Would like to be able to play wmv files, not too concerned about
playing mp3.

Thanks!
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 3:33:48 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Thank you very much!

I tried to install it, however it tells me my device is not compatible
with this software. I suspect its the version of the OS that is on my
PPC. is there a way to upgrade the OS? i have reformatted this device
several times but I have never flat-out replaced the OS.
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 4:20:54 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Ok, here's the deal - this player says I must have WMP for PPC v7.0
already installed on the device in order for the download to install
properly. Currently I have no WMP installed, and I am almost certain
that my installation disc did not come with WMP on it. i don't know why
but apparently I am the only person on the planet who has an IPAQ 1910
that did not come with WMP.

does anyone know of a way I can acquire WMP 7 for PPC so I can then
install WMP 7.1 (the one referenced in previously posted link)?
Related resources
January 27, 2005 10:49:15 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

briansmccabe@gmail.com wrote in news:1106850988.828907.115310
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Why is this app no longer available on windows' web site? I would very
> much like to install WMP on ppc. All my friends that have a ppc say
> their ppc came with it, but mine didn't!
>
> If it's just not out there, can someone recommend a good substitute?
> Would like to be able to play wmv files, not too concerned about
> playing mp3.
>
> Thanks!

Try this link:
4a6b-a037-64f8c8def172&displaylang=en

or this one and scroll down to line 34 or so...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Popular.aspx?Display...
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 10:08:36 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Indeed it is, however my device once again appears to be incompatible.
I give up! I have no clue why I cannot get WP on my PPC!! I think
perhaps I need some sort of plugin related to IE installed first or
something, I don't know.

thanks very much for your help. I will bookmark the site you linked to
for future reference.
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 1:40:49 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

briansmccabe@gmail.com wrote:
> Ok, here's the deal - this player says I must have WMP for PPC v7.0
> already installed on the device in order for the download to install
> properly. Currently I have no WMP installed, and I am almost certain
> that my installation disc did not come with WMP on it. i don't know why
> but apparently I am the only person on the planet who has an IPAQ 1910
> that did not come with WMP.
>
> does anyone know of a way I can acquire WMP 7 for PPC so I can then
> install WMP 7.1 (the one referenced in previously posted link)?

Hi

Is this it

http://www.downseek.com/download/976.asp

Lee
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 5:29:34 AM

<briansmccabe@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok, here's the deal - this player says I must have WMP for PPC v7.0
> already installed on the device in order for the download to install
> properly. Currently I have no WMP installed, and I am almost certain
> that my installation disc did not come with WMP on it. i don't know why
> but apparently I am the only person on the planet who has an IPAQ 1910
> that did not come with WMP.

I suggest that you do a "hard reset" to return it to its factory
configuration. This should restore the software that it originally came
with - but you will lose all the data and any new programs that you
installed yourself.

Tony
!