Audio problems p5k deluxe and va8003bws

hippomofatumas

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2007
Hi all,

I put together my new system today that I have been planning for god knows how long. Most of the decisions were arrived at thanks to all of your help.

The system is performing amazingly in all areas except for audio.

Basically, I think the p5k deluxe has an integrated hd audio (whatever that means). I have two different jumpers that come down from the top of my tt armor va8003bws case, one says ac97 the other says... crap something like azalia, im pretty sure it means hd audio. Then I have hd audio enable or disable in bios, and i can choose ac97 or hd audio for the front panel plugs.

I use a basic old Boston 2.1 speaker and subwoofer most of the time, and a cheap logitech headset for late night gaming. Granted, the voice quality isnt great, but it was there on my old hp. Now i have diidly squat. nothing in the speaker out at the back, nothing in the headphone or mic port in the front.

Please help me, audio is not my cup of tea. I dont care if i use ac97 or hd, i just want sound out of my speakers and headphones and into my mic.

Thanks!

fferree

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
If I had this problem I would go to the manual and search for information. Did you load the audio drivers for your audio? The drivers would be on the CD that came with your motherboard.

fferree

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
It just dawned on me that HD stands for high definition. Is your monitor capable of high definition? AC97 is the usual audio choice. You probably need to disable hd.

hippomofatumas

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2007
yeah this is weird i actually figured it out somehow.

i just reset bios to default, which was hd enabled and front panel as hd.

then i reinstalled the drivers from the cd.

and i quickly configged the stuff when i plugged it in, pretty good software.

its weird i swear to god that didnt work before lol.

i asked the guys on cs, the mic quality is bad, cause of the mic, but it works.

so i guess its all good for now.

thanks.