Weatherbug took over my home page

June 30, 2005 7:48:54 PM

I have had weatherbug for years and thought it was a good
program. Today....weatherbug wanted to me to click on an 'update'. Zone
alarm asked and I accepted.
When I did all Weatherbug added them selves to my address bar (at the
top along with - back, stop, refresh, home, etc. putting 2 icons that
were not there before, their icon along with another showing what the
weather was. Also weatherbug put in a 'search bar' like yahoo has. I
certainly did not ask for this.
My links bar disappeared. The links that were showing on the bar below
the address were now listed on the right side as links, which I had to click
on to get the list of what was originally showing.. I am using XP. I
could not get the link bar back, I didn't know how, so I used the restore
point from yesterday. Now my home page looks like it should.
Actually my question is, I am really irritated with Weatherbug, I don;t
like that they just took over my home page and changed it. I am thinking
of
deleting the program and using another weather program. What weather
program would you suggest in place of Weatherbug?.
Thank you for any help you can give me,

More about : weatherbug home page

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 9:25:18 PM

I've just bookmarked http://www.weather.com/ and
http://www.weatherunderground.com/ and leave my browser open and on
auto-update.

Weatherbug used to be a great program, but I've watched it evolve over the
years into a bloated piece of ad/mal-ware. It's good that you're rid of it!

"Cindy" wrote:

> I have had weatherbug for years and thought it was a good
> program. Today....weatherbug wanted to me to click on an 'update'. Zone
> alarm asked and I accepted.
> When I did all Weatherbug added them selves to my address bar (at the
> top along with - back, stop, refresh, home, etc. putting 2 icons that
> were not there before, their icon along with another showing what the
> weather was. Also weatherbug put in a 'search bar' like yahoo has. I
> certainly did not ask for this.
> My links bar disappeared. The links that were showing on the bar below
> the address were now listed on the right side as links, which I had to click
> on to get the list of what was originally showing.. I am using XP. I
> could not get the link bar back, I didn't know how, so I used the restore
> point from yesterday. Now my home page looks like it should.
> Actually my question is, I am really irritated with Weatherbug, I don;t
> like that they just took over my home page and changed it. I am thinking
> of
> deleting the program and using another weather program. What weather
> program would you suggest in place of Weatherbug?.
> Thank you for any help you can give me,

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 9:28:39 PM

Great little FREE (no adware, no spyware etc) weather program. They give it
away to advertise and show what they can do. Donations are accepted though -
of course!

WeatherPulse v2.04.3

Weather Pulse is a weather monitoring tool that that displays detailed
weather information for selected US cities, as well as popular satellite
images from around the globe. It includes weather alert options,10 day
forecast, hourly forecast, detailed forecast, video and more. The satellite
images can be sent via email and also saved to file. Weather Pulse
integrates all the information into a simple, easy to use interface and also
provides a tray icon that displays the current temperature. You can also add
custom radar and weather images, view animated images and monitor multiple
zip codes. A nicely done program that puts local and global weather
information into easy reach from the system tray.
--
Download the Latest Weather Pulse software
WeatherPulse v2.04.3 by Tropic Designs

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

"Cindy" <cinb@cox.net> wrote in message

> I have had weatherbug for years and thought it was a good
> program. Today....weatherbug wanted to me to click on an 'update'. Zone
> alarm asked and I accepted.
> When I did all Weatherbug added them selves to my address bar (at the
> top along with - back, stop, refresh, home, etc. putting 2 icons that
> were not there before, their icon along with another showing what the
> weather was. Also weatherbug put in a 'search bar' like yahoo has. I
> certainly did not ask for this.
> My links bar disappeared. The links that were showing on the bar
> below
> the address were now listed on the right side as links, which I had to
> click
> on to get the list of what was originally showing.. I am using XP. I
> could not get the link bar back, I didn't know how, so I used the
> restore
> point from yesterday. Now my home page looks like it should.
> Actually my question is, I am really irritated with Weatherbug, I don;t
> like that they just took over my home page and changed it. I am thinking
> of
> deleting the program and using another weather program. What weather
> program would you suggest in place of Weatherbug?.
> Thank you for any help you can give me,

Related resources
June 30, 2005 11:39:52 PM

usasma wrote:

> I've just bookmarked http://www.weather.com/ and
> http://www.weatherunderground.com/ and leave my browser open and on
> auto-update.
>
> Weatherbug used to be a great program, but I've watched it evolve over
> the
> years into a bloated piece of ad/mal-ware. It's good that you're rid
> of it!

Or get the ForecastFox weather extension for Firefox and have the
weather forecast right there in your browser. No spyware, no popups,
all free.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

"Cindy" <cinb@cox.net> wrote in message

> I have had weatherbug for years and thought it was a good
> program. Today....weatherbug wanted to me to click on an 'update'. Zone
> alarm asked and I accepted.
> When I did all Weatherbug added them selves to my address bar (at the
> top along with - back, stop, refresh, home, etc. putting 2 icons that
> were not there before, their icon along with another showing what the
> weather was. Also weatherbug put in a 'search bar' like yahoo has. I
> certainly did not ask for this.
> My links bar disappeared. The links that were showing on the bar
> below
> the address were now listed on the right side as links, which I had to
> click
> on to get the list of what was originally showing.. I am using XP. I
> could not get the link bar back, I didn't know how, so I used the
> restore
> point from yesterday. Now my home page looks like it should.
> Actually my question is, I am really irritated with Weatherbug, I don;t
> like that they just took over my home page and changed it. I am thinking
> of
> deleting the program and using another weather program. What weather
> program would you suggest in place of Weatherbug?.
> Thank you for any help you can give me,

How about the government's National Weather Service site tailored to your
location?

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:30:57 PM

I took off weatherbug, I absolutuly cannot get 'the weather channel' to
install. I installed it got a window saying - desktop weather is updating
please wait, I waited at least 10 minutes, nothing changed on the window.
I uninstalled the program, and started fresh, again....the same window, I
have an icon on my desktop and where the temperature should be in the
taskbar it is blank. I am running XP on high speed cable.... I installed
it again and then went into seach and removed the rest of the program that
was left on the harddrive.
Thank you to those who gave me suggestions. I might try the
weatherunderground and see if I have better luck.
"usasma" <usasma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just bookmarked http://www.weather.com/ and
> http://www.weatherunderground.com/ and leave my browser open and on
> auto-update.
>
> Weatherbug used to be a great program, but I've watched it evolve over the
> years into a bloated piece of ad/mal-ware. It's good that you're rid of
> it!
>
> "Cindy" wrote:
>

>> I have had weatherbug for years and thought it was a good
>> program. Today....weatherbug wanted to me to click on an 'update'. Zone
>> alarm asked and I accepted.
>> When I did all Weatherbug added them selves to my address bar (at the
>> top along with - back, stop, refresh, home, etc. putting 2 icons that
>> were not there before, their icon along with another showing what the
>> weather was. Also weatherbug put in a 'search bar' like yahoo has. I
>> certainly did not ask for this.
>> My links bar disappeared. The links that were showing on the bar
>> below
>> the address were now listed on the right side as links, which I had to
>> click
>> on to get the list of what was originally showing.. I am using XP. I
>> could not get the link bar back, I didn't know how, so I used the
>> restore
>> point from yesterday. Now my home page looks like it should.
>> Actually my question is, I am really irritated with Weatherbug, I don;t
>> like that they just took over my home page and changed it. I am
>> thinking
>> of
>> deleting the program and using another weather program. What weather
>> program would you suggest in place of Weatherbug?.
>> Thank you for any help you can give me,

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 12:40:51 AM

> Great little FREE (no adware, no spyware etc) weather program. They give
> it away to advertise and show what they can do. Donations are accepted
> though - of course!
>

> WeatherPulse v2.04.3
>
> Weather Pulse is a weather monitoring tool that that displays detailed
> weather information for selected US cities, as well as popular satellite
> images from around the globe. It includes weather alert options,10 day
> forecast, hourly forecast, detailed forecast, video and more. The
> satellite images can be sent via email and also saved to file. Weather
> Pulse integrates all the information into a simple, easy to use interface
> and also provides a tray icon that displays the current temperature. You
> can also add custom radar and weather images, view animated images and
> monitor multiple zip codes. A nicely done program that puts local and
> global weather information into easy reach from the system tray.
> --
> Download the Latest Weather Pulse software
> WeatherPulse v2.04.3 by Tropic Designs
> http://www.tropicdesigns.net/weatherpulse.html
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>

> "Cindy" <cinb@cox.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I have had weatherbug for years and thought it was a good
>> program. Today....weatherbug wanted to me to click on an 'update'. Zone
>> alarm asked and I accepted.
>> When I did all Weatherbug added them selves to my address bar (at the
>> top along with - back, stop, refresh, home, etc. putting 2 icons that
>> were not there before, their icon along with another showing what the
>> weather was. Also weatherbug put in a 'search bar' like yahoo has. I
>> certainly did not ask for this.
>> My links bar disappeared. The links that were showing on the bar
>> below
>> the address were now listed on the right side as links, which I had to
>> click
>> on to get the list of what was originally showing.. I am using XP. I
>> could not get the link bar back, I didn't know how, so I used the
>> restore
>> point from yesterday. Now my home page looks like it should.
>> Actually my question is, I am really irritated with Weatherbug, I don;t
>> like that they just took over my home page and changed it. I am
>> thinking of
>> deleting the program and using another weather program. What weather
>> program would you suggest in place of Weatherbug?.
>> Thank you for any help you can give me,

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 9:51:20 PM

I had that problem a long, long time ago. I believe you can just uninstall
it through the add/remove programs though. I may be wrong, but its worth a
shot...
"ki" <MN@we.net> wrote in message
news:o EjFwoPgFHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> !

>> Great little FREE (no adware, no spyware etc) weather program. They give
>> it away to advertise and show what they can do. Donations are accepted
>> though - of course!
>>

>> WeatherPulse v2.04.3
>>
>> Weather Pulse is a weather monitoring tool that that displays detailed
>> weather information for selected US cities, as well as popular satellite
>> images from around the globe. It includes weather alert options,10 day
>> forecast, hourly forecast, detailed forecast, video and more. The
>> satellite images can be sent via email and also saved to file. Weather
>> Pulse integrates all the information into a simple, easy to use interface
>> and also provides a tray icon that displays the current temperature. You
>> can also add custom radar and weather images, view animated images and
>> monitor multiple zip codes. A nicely done program that puts local and
>> global weather information into easy reach from the system tray.
>> --
>> Download the Latest Weather Pulse software
>> WeatherPulse v2.04.3 by Tropic Designs
>> http://www.tropicdesigns.net/weatherpulse.html
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>>

>> "Cindy" <cinb@cox.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I have had weatherbug for years and thought it was a good
>>> program. Today....weatherbug wanted to me to click on an 'update'.
>>> Zone
>>> alarm asked and I accepted.
>>> When I did all Weatherbug added them selves to my address bar (at the
>>> top along with - back, stop, refresh, home, etc. putting 2 icons
>>> that
>>> were not there before, their icon along with another showing what the
>>> weather was. Also weatherbug put in a 'search bar' like yahoo has. I
>>> certainly did not ask for this.
>>> My links bar disappeared. The links that were showing on the bar
>>> below
>>> the address were now listed on the right side as links, which I had to
>>> click
>>> on to get the list of what was originally showing.. I am using XP. I
>>> could not get the link bar back, I didn't know how, so I used the
>>> restore
>>> point from yesterday. Now my home page looks like it should.
>>> Actually my question is, I am really irritated with Weatherbug, I don;t
>>> like that they just took over my home page and changed it. I am
>>> thinking of
>>> deleting the program and using another weather program. What weather
>>> program would you suggest in place of Weatherbug?.
>>> Thank you for any help you can give me,

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 10:26:30 PM

Hi, Yes I was able to uninstall the whole program. I did double check in
search after removing just to be sure all of the program was gone. I am
assuming since the search was empty that the whole program is gone. I
just did not like the fact that it changed my home page. Thanks for your
comments.

"Corey Sinclair" <gpsoccer25@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I had that problem a long, long time ago. I believe you can just uninstall
>it through the add/remove programs though. I may be wrong, but its worth a
>shot...
> "ki" <MN@we.net> wrote in message
> news:o EjFwoPgFHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> !
>>

>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Great little FREE (no adware, no spyware etc) weather program. They give
>>> it away to advertise and show what they can do. Donations are accepted
>>> though - of course!
>>>

>>> WeatherPulse v2.04.3
>>>
>>> Weather Pulse is a weather monitoring tool that that displays detailed
>>> weather information for selected US cities, as well as popular satellite
>>> images from around the globe. It includes weather alert options,10 day
>>> forecast, hourly forecast, detailed forecast, video and more. The
>>> satellite images can be sent via email and also saved to file. Weather
>>> Pulse integrates all the information into a simple, easy to use
>>> interface and also provides a tray icon that displays the current
>>> temperature. You can also add custom radar and weather images, view
>>> animated images and monitor multiple zip codes. A nicely done program
>>> that puts local and global weather information into easy reach from the
>>> system tray.
>>> --
>>> Download the Latest Weather Pulse software
>>> WeatherPulse v2.04.3 by Tropic Designs
>>> http://www.tropicdesigns.net/weatherpulse.html
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard Urban
>>>
>>> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
>>>

>>> "Cindy" <cinb@cox.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 12:41:45 AM

Cindy, Be sure to clean your registry as well.
news:o s9QfIogFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

It has removed 76 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
!